How to convince my husband

I have the opportunity to upgrade my 3ft tank to a 4ft tank. 4ft tanks just seem to look so much more spectacular, and you can cram a good few more fish in there. The one I have has a gorgeous rimu stand and lid (foxglove's old one) and this new one would be Alex's and is also solid wood. I REALLY want it, but my husband thinks it is too big. It fits in the space where the 3ft is but he thinks it will make our house look like a 'fish house'. By that he means a house belonging to one of you!!! LOL How can I convince him!??

oxytocin. pheromone. makes women all trusting and induces labour and lactating. use it on angry cats all the time. also is the "bonding"pheromone that make women bond with their babies.

wont work on men though, so you will have to find a better way to convince him. :D

Say that you're future proofing. That's how I've convinced my significant other to let me get a 5ft tank. I made it seem like his idea, and then suggested that we could got for 6ft. He said 5, I agreed, and now I have a new tank on the way. He even offered to make the stand.

Play it like we play it with new clothes or shoes? "Oh these are old. I've had them for ages!"

"Oh, this tank? I've had it for ages, always been there". :lol:

Yeah I thought of that but the whole moving thing is a bit of a snag. Shoes are much easier to hide in my bag! My husband did actually concede last that - if I can carry it, I can have it. Hmm.

a 4foot shouldn't be that bad (glass 10/12mm?) I have a 280L, 3foot tank with 10mm glass for safety just because it's taller than wide.

at least you've got your own house Dave's holding me under the "wait until we get our own house line" before I'm allowed a couple of 8footers.... :(

Do what I did to get my 5footer in - waited until mum and stepdad went away for 3 days, moved giant tank into house and fully set it up before she got back :) pay for your hubby to go fishing or somewhere for the day and get a couple of people to help you

a 4foot shouldn't be that bad (glass 10/12mm?) I have a 280L, 3foot tank with 10mm glass for safety just because it's taller than wide.

at least you've got your own house Dave's holding me under the "wait until we get our own house line" before I'm allowed a couple of 8footers.... :(

Do what I did to get my 5footer in - waited until mum and stepdad went away for 3 days, moved giant tank into house and fully set it up before she got back :) pay for your hubby to go fishing or somewhere for the day and get a couple of people to help you

You have me worried now, our 4ft is only 5mm glass.