Insurance

jim r

the insurance definition maybe, if the tank has an external force that breaks it, it is covered under accident or wilful damage

but if a tank just explodes while sitting there it is manufacterers fault or an act of god

so if your tank breaks you fell on it or bumped it :D

Noted. :hail:

If your tank bursts during the night, you tell the insurance company that you were sleep walking and dreaming of feeding the fish.

Not an act of god. Unless your name is Jesus :wink:

Insurance companies dont want to pay out. They will try find a loophole to try get out of it if they can.

• 2 weeks later...

yes they do. My father in law died recently, and when the mother in law rang to make a claim she was told she wasn't covered. Unbeknown to them his insurance stopped when he turned 70(It was in the terms, but they didn't realize it), When she asked them why they hadn't sent a letter to notify them, she was told that one had been sent. But she maintains that she'd never received one, so it's her word against theirs, there's nothing she can do. $27.000 down the toilet.

yes they do. My father in law died recently, and when the mother in law rang to make a claim she was told she wasn't covered. Unbeknown to them his insurance stopped when he turned 70(It was in the terms, but they didn't realize it), When she asked them why they hadn't sent a letter to notify them, she was told that one had been sent. But she maintains that she'd never received one, so it's her word against theirs, there's nothing she can do. $27.000 down the toilet.

This is hardly weaselling out of it is is a case of not reading the policy and not renewing it when it was due

Touch wood, but i havent had any problems with my company....although the only claim i have had to file was for a car accident...which was the other drivers fault and....touch wood again....havent had a fish tank break...funny thing is the tank i have in the lounge with my babies in it, isnt mine...hahaha...its my useless flatmates who doesnt give a toss about braking things, he can just buy another one.....haha

We have been with AMI for over 30 years. Only once did we have a problem with a claim and it was our fault for assuming something that turned out to be incorrect.

When I wrote off the Isuzu, the insurance cheque was actually waiting for us by the time we got home 7 days later! It was for the full amount too :wink:

I have always found the staff in our local office very helpful and friendly.

i thought i would check my policy out with AMI and they said that if anything happens when cleaning it or the tank is bumped etc the tank and all other affected items would be covered - however if the tank just explodes like what happened to jim r then the tank itself wouldnt be covered but everything else ie carpet and everything affected by the water would be - so i guess thats confirmation that if the tank explodes by an act of god itself it was bumped or something fell on it :wink::wink: not that im suggesting or condone insurance fraud :D