Demasoni Pombo Rock

Aquatopia

Our fish came in with no variant so that is how they should remain, however it does appear they are the pombo rocks variant..

However I recently purchased in some fish from an unrelated source to mine and found they have 7 stripes but are just as vibrant as the 6 stripe ones I have that I have been breeding from so it would appear we have both strains here or ours are a mix of the 2..

Our fish came in with no variant so that is how they should remain, however it does appear they are the pombo rocks variant..

However I recently purchased in some fish from an unrelated source to mine and found they have 7 stripes but are just as vibrant as the 6 stripe ones I have that I have been breeding from so it would appear we have both strains here or ours are a mix of the 2..

Will you be keeping the two strains seperate or mix-breeding from them ? What would the result be, some with 7 and some with 6 stripes ?

The 2 are separate at this stage and have never been mixed they will stay that way until I figure out what it is I have and if they can be mixed, I am leaning more towards not mixing them at this stage.

Well either way I know you will advise people what they have, but I agree with your thoughts about not mixing them. Also, if they are two different strains it will be nice for both to be available seperately :)

That is an interesting article how did you find that?

I think they are naturally supposed to have 6 or 7 stripes from the lake but hard to tell really..

google is my friend :wink:

i remember Koenig discovering them so googled that

yes phoenix :hail:

in my collection of fishy bits are some papers written by scientists who have studied the diversity of fish species in the african lakes

i can remmder bits of them when prompted sometimes

i have probably forgotten more than i remember :oops: