Hi I'm new to all this

MorknMindy

run out of ideas for a new tank design just ask in here and i’m sure you will get about 1000 replys

I am sure the money will run out long before the ideas lol

Oh talking of ideas. Does anyone here keep seahorse? Not that I am thinking of getting any just yet but I would love to know if they are easy to keep or if I have completely lost my mind :D

Nice looking tank... and yes you will catch the tank bug as I have done. Started with one small one, ended up with 4 and two outside ponds and still need more..... :hail:

Good luck with whatever fish you choose.... you will enjoy hours and hours of delight simply watching. :lol:

Expect to loose lots of time as it flys by without you noticeing. :roll:

Welcome to the fishroom forum, they are really great here. Loads of help, support and advise...

The tank came with the lid and built in lighting but no filter so we put in an under gravel filter.

The first clean was an experience :-? the gravel vac siphoned the water faster than I could vac the gravel and I was so worried about up rooting the plants and the little leopard catfish getting in the way that I ended up a nervous reck and I am sure the fish all thought I was the biggest joke out :oops: but it is done now and I am sure with some more practice it wont take Mork and I quite so many hours next time :D

Why not just turn off the filtration,

stir up the gravel on the bottom with your fingers,

let it settle,

then you only have to vaccum off the top of the gravel.

Don't forget to turn on the filter when you've topped up the water.

Alan 104