Got a new toy

SupaGreen

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK because I'm such an awesome fish keeper, I knocked the plug out of the socket for my fish tank, so the water looks average as, also have a rena smart heater, so the water got super cold, discus look crap. I SUCK I KNOW haha, but here some of harlequins.

not sure about white balance, they all lot a bit might have to create a custom one. I tried having the flash a couple of different ways, not sure which is which, I defiantly think the flash need to be diffused though.

img0150ti.jpg

img0140mk.jpg

sell them. you need some real fish :wink: :lol:

then plant the tank! lots and lots of plants.

If I could these discus's eggs to hatch I'll them, I think I need to sell the 3rd wheel he/she gets a bit depressed when I separate it from the other, nut my male in the "pair" maybe shooting blanks, last batch of eggs all went white :cry:

I know under gravel heating, potting mix, t5's, compressed CO2...and no plants, haha best planted tank around me thinks :roll:

Here are Hristo's photo parameters:

About my equipment:

My camera is CANON 350D + two of my favorite lenses:

EF 50 mm/f2.5 Compact-Macro and EF 50 mm. f/1.8 II

In the beginning, I made my photos with a bright tank lightning

or used the camera’s flash with diffuser…

Next period, putting externally Speedlite 430EX over the tank…

And lately, I made my shots with Canon Speedlite 580EX situated over the tank,

wires connected with the camera in “master” mod

and Speedlite 430EX like straight “fill” flash (slave mod)…The both are with diffuser!

My usual settings:

Shutter Speed: 1/200 seconds

Aperture Value: f/14-22(dependent on the fish specific and fishes position)

ISO Speed Ratings: 100-400(dependent on the object specific)

That what I want to say for the final is:

- There is no “universal recipe” ” for making good pictures…!!!

- Every situation, dependent of so many things, is different…

- There is an equipment level minimum from where you may start to make really good pictures( DSLR camera, special lenses, external flashes…)

- Never underrate the good lightning – as brightest is it, so detailed could be the picture…!

• 2 weeks later...

I got another toy to go with it a photo tank. donated by a friendly FNZAS member (if you want to be named let me know, not sure you want a massive order from people).

AND tomorrow I get a 50mm f/1.8 II lens

22104.jpg

22105.jpg

I had it set up, with 2 layers of baking paper on top of the tank, a dim light on top of that in the corner so I could see the fish, then I had the flash about a foot above the tank, and just covered the space between the top of the tank and flash with tin foil

I gave up trying to do "spot removal" so I just got the paintbrush and went to town haha ruff i know. I think the 2nd one I didn't touch. I can't tell on my screen :( its pretty poor resolution, and it changes colour based on the light in the room, so I never know what they acutally look like. I cant see any noise on that pic, I guess when I can see it must be pretty bad haha

By noise do you mean the white stuff in the water? or actual noise?

Although you can tell you've cut out the fish & stuck them on black, can see the noise around them :P

shopped yes but the tank background is black

Dark blue or dark green may possibly show less noise... something to try at some stage I thing

Idea is to have several different backgrounds

I have clear, white and black myself

I gave up trying to do "spot removal" so I just got the paintbrush and went to town haha ruff i know. I think the 2nd one I didn't touch. I can't tell on my screen :( its pretty poor resolution, and it changes colour based on the light in the room, so I never know what they acutally look like. I cant see any noise on that pic, I guess when I can see it must be pretty bad haha

By noise do you mean the white stuff in the water? or actual noise?

noise is the interference... white stuff... kind of like a noisey party , it becomes annoying :lol: