Fighter with Whitespot

SamH

I wouldn't know exactly how this works since I've never bred fighters...but how would the hatchlings get air if the surface above was flat?

Did you tape the cup to the side of the aquarium when you used it?

Just looking for tips for the future ;)

yup stro cup works all good.. i prefer a cutdown sheet of flat polystiren.. it gives a flat surface to build them under

seems to work all good for me .. the cup one i found if i adjusted the level of water it drastically disturbed the nest etc.. even water falling from the lid bumped it around alot

sam... you tank sounds all good.. just make sure you condition them properly and give the female a few places to hide etc :)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the air technically is in the bubbles

but they dont actually develop the "laybrinth" until they are a bit older

they require the oxygen thats in the water until they grow up a bit

yup the cup is taped above the waterline to secure it to the tank.. i didnt have much sucess with the cup

i opted for the floating poly as many use.. he can build a amazing nest under it and it holds it together much better

i generally get spawns of 100-250 from this method (sometimes smaller spAWNS)

some are culled and some dont make it tho

well I only used to use a piece about 5sqcm big in a 1sq ft tank, so i used to put the food in another area and he would eat.

since the water level was lowered, the female was easy to remove and so was the male once the fry were free swimming.

have I been doing it wrong all this time? :o

from what i understand if you didnt have a lid or glad wrap on the tank , they breath cold air not moist warm air and this can cause problems..

i def use plants etc in fry tanks.. gives the female and fry somewhere to hide :)

never used glad wrap in the tank before... mite give it a go tho ;) could be interesting

Turns out fighters don't just fight each other, they fight disease too!

Spots are disappering, hardly any on either of them now. Will do a water change after school and dose a bit more tonic. I fear that the meth blue has stained the sand, I don't know how? But it has and I'm peeved.

Anyways, here's the nest my sick red delta boy blew:

IMG_44501.jpg

IMG_44511.jpg