Fighter with Whitespot

SamH

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I know, Ive been trying all day lol, I either get him looking red or blue, no violet which is when he really looks hawt. Plus I havnt been flaring him up today since his lil run in with his new Girly. The flash on digacams suck lol, that delay means hes moved away already

when he's not busy trying to mate, try getting a pic in a smaller container so he stays more still, and use a light over the tank with the flash turned off. I'm no good at getting pics either but thats two tips that have improved mine a bit lol. If you use a round container like a jar sit it in the tank so you don't get the funhouse mirror effect hehe.

I don't use the flash but use macro. If they're moving super fast then I up the ISO to 1600 (I think) and that catches them, even if it's a little grainy. Here's an awesome article: http://www.ultimatebettas.com/index.php?showtopic=10217

The female and male that haven't got whitespot seem to be getting along nicely and he's built a nest. They both have nice finnage but the colouring is a nightmare :lol: . She however is a perfect colour match for Mr Whitespot.

Oh wow so you acually have to prepare rather then just point and click at the tank lol, I dont have my own camera at the moment either it was stolen along with my laptop at the airport (cry) and I cant figure mums out at the moment. Took me long enough to working mine and I still dont know what macro is lol. If i could figure out how to remove the audio from the vid I made Id post that, he goes through all his colours in that coz light angel changes heaps, metalic blue with violet fins looks smexy.

Macro is usually the little button with a flower on it, makes you be able to focus on little things closeup. To remove audio simply put the clip in Windows Movies Maker, click on the strip down the bottom and click mute. Save as a movie file and you're set. Hard to explain...

Hes a rescue case I wasnt a fan of any fish let alone VT when I got him lol. Glad to hear things are going well with your fishies :D and i hope the lil man gets better soon so he can get busy making babies :P

Why did he need to be rescued? You never explained the story! :o

Well a friend of a friend called me knowing im too damn soft for my own good. I think she was havin a bad week, she didnt know what to do with he was over stressed out by her other male, swimming on his side close to the surface. Basically it was come and get it now or its going down the toilet or in the cats bowl. Having no experience in fish keeping what so ever I agreed, lil bugger melted my heart as most animals do but he was even more so. So off down to livingart in a complete panic, as it had been my lil sisters birthday that week I wasnt just broke I was in debt, luckily down at livingart they're as soft as I am and had no trouble helping me out then and since. So from no thoughts about getting fish, keeping fish, or even looking at fish, 5 days later I got 2 tanks and 5 fish lol. Needless to say I wont be stopping there :P

Damn now my girls got Whitespot, fair enough too she has a bit of a rough day yesterday. Only 1 tiny weeny spot right on her bottom tho, already done a water change and slowly brought the temp up from 25 to 26 hes in a tank all by herself at the moment. Ill go and get something to treat it with too, what treatment is most highly recommended, I know the shop keep will have something in mind but since Im going very very local for it Id rather have a brand name in mind before i walk in.

"Blue circle" white spot cure is what I hear recommend the most , though I haven't had the need to try it myself.

My betta is developing a different problem which I'm not sure how to treat.. in the quarantine tank with salt for a week but she's looking worse.. white patchy bits and a few loose scales. It looks like a little fish took a few tiny bites out of her but there's no fish in with her. Acriflavine??

id second the blue circle white spot treatment :P

if you regulrly dose with rock salf in the aquarium this reduces the chances of catchn most fish diseases in the aquarium

its a good and cheap preventative medicine

if you dont have white spot treatment, id use wondertonic to treat

with spawning just take your time.. if you rush ul endup with damaged or dead breeders let alone no spawns

it can take time to get a sucessful spawn , and def alot of time once they do are free swimming onwards and space once bigger :)

ive got a tank with 140-150 halfmoon fry that are growing fast.. going to have to seperate into two tanks soon

have already seperated some of my red halfmoon spawn as starting to play fight

This time I'll be using an 80x25cm tank filled with about 10cm of water. Should be big enough, right? "Little" homemade sponge filter in the corner and heaps of duckweed and riccia floating. If the fry make it to free swimming I can fill the tank up to 40cm max giving me an 80L rearing tank. Sound okay?

The red male still has some spots on him but they seem less frequent than they did before, other male still has some too. Female isn't showing any signs of spots. All are well, feed a couple of Freeze Dried bloodworms with morning.

yup stro cup works all good.. i prefer a cutdown sheet of flat polystiren.. it gives a flat surface to build them under

seems to work all good for me .. the cup one i found if i adjusted the level of water it drastically disturbed the nest etc.. even water falling from the lid bumped it around alot

sam... you tank sounds all good.. just make sure you condition them properly and give the female a few places to hide etc :)