Accurate Phosphate Testing

RnB

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the new fangled machine reads 0.42 on my tank.....

now you have to multiply by 0.747 to get ppm phosphate so that makes my tank reading

0.31 ppm

you are using the colourmeter incorrectly as you dont multiple anything, the actual reading is the phostphate level, so in your case its .42 mg/l or .42ppm which is how most phosphate test kits read.

so Scientifically

1 milligram per litre (mg/L) = 1 part per million (ppm) :D

Test kits are just a guide.If you want perfection by chemist shop and send a team in to do regular checks.Every time you do a check there will be someting differnt like 11mls not 10mls being tested.We are not perfect. As long as my tank stays around where it should be to maintain a happy home i dont STRESS :o as it nearly ruled my life and then there goes your wife.

Pies

was one of my and one of reef's posts

I agree the personal slagging should have been removed. I was responsibkle for my bit and I am sorry for that. There where other aspects of my post however that I wish to repost as they where not personal.

I am just making sure my wording could not be constructed in any way outside this sites rules.......