I HATE KIDS

livingart

2 guys culling goats didn't realise the mother had a kid

no nymox hillaryous is alright :D

I wont tell you about all the Possum Joeys we end up having to deal with then, I hate killing things I really do, my friends laugh at me when Im collecting the trap, I apologise to every possum and explain why I have to do what im doing, Hillary has been bugging me for one for ages, I had one as a kid, they get big pretty quickly and dont realise what their claws do, I wish they we're native, or at least didnt effect our natives so much, especially in area's were native are really strugling to hang on now, they're so cute.

Shes alright in small doses, there was too many of them there today tho, all the giggling did my head in in minutes

I used to have a Opossum Joey as a Kid, my Uncle was an Opossum Trapper, didn't realise he had Killed one with a Joey, so brought it home and we raised it, have to say it was one of the Coolest Animals I've had.

Turned into a Right little Terror at night time, used to run up the Curtains, swing off the lampshades, he used to sleep in the Hot Water Cupboard during the Day.

They ended up moving to Hastings, Rented a House that was in front of an Orchard, he disappeared once they moved there, I think he may have found himself a Lady Friend :wink:

Did anyone see the program on TV1 a few weeks back, it was about the couple that have an Opossum for a pet, they have a whole room decked out with artifical grass and Tree Branches everywhere, looked great.

only good possum is a dead one, they are destroying the environment - and having 1 as a pet is wrong IMO.

Your pet escaped, probably bred and is now responsible for hundreds of the horrible things, a number of native bird deaths and lots a native trees ravaged. cute indeed.

Humans are also destroying the environment....

I could never understand, specially after those bush fires why they didnt send some to aussie, its not like they are hard up for food here most are pretty darn healthy, and we sure wont miss a few.

I hate 1080 I did a big report on it last year at poly, aweful stuff. There is so much room for employment and exportable products, as well as improving the enviroment. Well experienced trappers never catch anything native in their traps. Not always possums, but rats, stoats, ferrets, cats all end up in them too.

Doc has some training courses in pest management, about $3000 from memory, :roll:

only good possum is a dead one, they are destroying the environment - and having 1 as a pet is wrong IMO.

Your pet escaped, probably bred and is now responsible for hundreds of the horrible things, a number of native bird deaths and lots a native trees ravaged. cute indeed.

*inserts human instead of possum in the above statement.

also we must remember that human introduced the possums here. its all a bit of a chicken and the egg story now.

(PS- I do not advise getting a human pet. that is frowned down upon for some reason). :o

Lets just remember to be nice to each other :D