Spring must have sprung

Adrienne

As some of you know I am heading to Europe next Saturday for a month.

Last week one of my discus pairs in my community tank spawned (again!). This time, 4 days later the fry have hatched, being religiusly watched over by their parents who have all the other fish (discus, cardinals, hatchets) cornered down the far 1/5th of the tank. Have waterchanged, the fx5 is still running, and they are at this stage still hanging in there. Heres a pic

discusfry2.jpg

Will see what happens once they become free swimming as I don't think they will make it with the current flowing as it is.

Then about an hour ago I discovered these eggs down the same end of the tank. They weren't there this morning so are the culprits the cories in the pic or is it possible its the SAE's. These are the only fish to make it down to the same end of the tank as the discus in the last few days and even then they are chased away.

I have stuck a closer view up in the left hand corner of the picture. The eggs are on the glass and on a couple of plants.

cories.jpg

Who do you think these eggs belong to?

well the discus fry got to free swimming and then disappeared overnight, however mum and dad have spawned again, this time there are hundreds. The cory eggs have finally disappeared, not sure where but tonight I saw a young cory about 1 cm maybe a big more, about 1/3 the size of the parents. So its obviously not the first time they have laid :oops: I'll have to stop vacuuming the tank so well and then I'll find more.

Anyway I'm off on Saturday so will see whats in the tank when I return on 11 October!

Im looking round for a nice cory at the moment, hard to find in tauranga at the moment it seems, there is one place just out of town with bronze and panda one's I might go look at tomorrow albino sterbai with peach side fins sounds like an interesting fish tho, currently googling for a pic.