Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Blue swordtails

Featured Replies

I heard you can cross a blue platy with an albino sword to get blue swordtails (x platy). If I were to try this which fish should be male and which female? The albino (red eye) swords I have seen in the pet shops seem to have a bit of pineapple colouring in them, is this ok?

Any other tips would be greatly appriciated. I will quarenteen the females for several months so if they are already pregnant they will have those fry first.

  • Author

So If I was to try and breed it with a blue platy could the resulting fry turn out to be blue swordtail x platy or would I need a fully white albino sword? Also is it hard to cross swords and platies?

sorry. I dont know much about livebearer genetics.

if you were to cross a platy then you would get (and im assuming you can, though can you???)

the resulting offspring would be (albino swordtail X albino green sword tail) X blue platy

. ........ 25/ 25 / 50

  • Author

I know the species will cross breed I justy dont know how easy it is. I guess I w2ill just buy a blue platy and see what happens. I will keep everyone updated.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.