August 18, 200917 yr comment_324311 Well this week I was planning on finding a good home for my discus, and what do they do They have been in the dark for the last month or so, and 1 water change every 2 weeks :-? so dont know why they are got in "the mood"...What are the discus meant to be doing now? it looks like they are eating the eggs? Still looking for a home for one Discus, I'll do a post in the trade section so I don't get in trouble. Report
August 18, 200917 yr comment_324325 Well at least you will be able to sell them as a breeding pair! :lol: Report
August 18, 200917 yr comment_324326 Worth alot more if your Selling them as a Breeding Pair :bounce: Report
August 18, 200917 yr Author comment_324329 Its a threesome at the moment...a breeding trio. are they meant to be eating the eggs? they aren't very good at breeding. I work out why they decided to spawn but its embarrassing, so lets just say I have been trying to do this my whole life :oops: Report
August 18, 200917 yr comment_324336 Sometimes it takes a few Egg Lays before they get the gist of what they are meant to be doing with the Eggs. Is this their first Lay?? Report
August 18, 200917 yr comment_324339 Could be 3 females? Cant really sell as a breedig pair if no babies have ever been hatched. Congrats anyway, a definate female :-) Report
August 18, 200917 yr Author comment_324342 oh lesbians you think. Good point maybe there isn't a male. Two of them were paired at least i think they were, they hung out and cleaned together and chased away the other fish...but now the third wheel has come in, its like Jerry Springer in there. Yes its their first time. Then again if they eat them all the time I wouldn't know... Ok I think I can see the funny side of this now. The water level in the tank got so low this morning that heater auto shut off, so the water temp dropped to 24, and the fish spawned :oops: :oops: :oops: ...getting them to spawn looked so hard when I looked it up online Report
August 18, 200917 yr comment_324352 There could be a male in that trio. Watch the behaviour and see if one lays, and the other 'swims' over the eggs... Even if they are eating the eggs this time, they could get the hang of it next time! Being patient pays off Jerry Springer...ahahahaa Report
August 18, 200917 yr Author comment_324353 one lays, and the other two swim over the eggs...I should say swam cause they are all gone. Report
August 18, 200917 yr comment_324357 Supagreen where abouts are you located. Can you adjust your profile to show this It measn that when you have fish for sale people can see where you are especialy if some one :roll: was interested in buying say oh your discus for example :roll: Navarre Report
August 19, 200917 yr comment_324477 Congrats on the eggs. Now you will have to keep them so you work out who the parents will be 8) . The 2 will chase the other away just keep watching. Some eat eggs many times to get it right. Good luck. Nice looking discus too. Report
August 19, 200917 yr Author comment_324488 I might, sell two of them, and keep the two I think are a pair. How long will it take before she will want to lay again? Report
August 19, 200917 yr Author comment_324496 5-10 days Cheers Ron. Can they be trained to clean the rest of the tank, and not just where they want to lay? Report
August 19, 200917 yr comment_324555 Cheers Ron. Can they be trained to clean the rest of the tank, and not just where they want to lay? Just talk to them nicely :lol: Report
August 20, 200917 yr comment_324701 haha gl with them. certainly worth a wee wait to see if you have a viable pair and then sell.. Report
August 23, 200917 yr Author comment_325318 ^^^dude what's with the avatar?^^^ What am I meant to do to make them spawn? just a cold water change? how cold? Report
August 23, 200917 yr comment_325345 Wait patiently and they Will spawn for you I definitely wouldn't recommend a Cold Water Change Report
August 23, 200917 yr Author comment_325352 i'm sure they only spawned last time cause the heater turned off...should I say colder water change Report
August 23, 200917 yr comment_325353 A water change with a drop of 2-3° can bring about spawning. But first just give them good clean water,daily changes and they will spawn for you on a weekly basis. Report
August 23, 200917 yr Author comment_325354 A water change with a drop of 2-3° can bring about spawning. But first just give them good clean water,daily changes and they will spawn for you on a weekly basis. cool thanks. Ron, if by some act of god, they mange to pull this off, will you take the fry? :lol: Report
August 24, 200917 yr Author comment_325516 I separated the 3rd wheel from the pair, and was going to do a water change tomorrow, but they started spawning again without it. so far they haven't started eating the egg, so fingers crossed. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.