Typical !

SupaGreen

Well this week I was planning on finding a good home for my discus, and what do they do

18082009693.jpg

They have been in the dark for the last month or so, and 1 water change every 2 weeks :-? so dont know why they are got in "the mood"...What are the discus meant to be doing now? it looks like they are eating the eggs?

Still looking for a home for one Discus, I'll do a post in the trade section so I don't get in trouble.

Its a threesome at the moment...a breeding trio.

are they meant to be eating the eggs? they aren't very good at breeding.

I work out why they decided to spawn but its embarrassing, so lets just say I have been trying to do this my whole life :oops:

oh lesbians you think. Good point maybe there isn't a male. Two of them were paired at least i think they were, they hung out and cleaned together and chased away the other fish...but now the third wheel has come in, its like Jerry Springer in there.

Yes its their first time. Then again if they eat them all the time I wouldn't know...

Ok I think I can see the funny side of this now. The water level in the tank got so low this morning that heater auto shut off, so the water temp dropped to 24, and the fish spawned :oops: :oops: :oops: ...getting them to spawn looked so hard when I looked it up online

There could be a male in that trio. Watch the behaviour and see if one lays, and the other 'swims' over the eggs...

Even if they are eating the eggs this time, they could get the hang of it next time! Being patient pays off :)

Jerry Springer...ahahahaa

Congrats on the eggs. :D Now you will have to keep them so you work out who the parents will be 8) . The 2 will chase the other away just keep watching. :o Some eat eggs many times to get it right. Good luck. Nice looking discus too.

A water change with a drop of 2-3° can bring about spawning.

But first just give them good clean water,daily changes and they will spawn for you

on a weekly basis.

cool thanks.

Ron, if by some act of god, they mange to pull this off, will you take the fry? :lol: :bow: