help sex my 10cm electric yellow lab and id this malawi?

trace&steve

were they out in the display tanks??? because mine were out back bob has never put any out front i had first pick and he was the only one that colour hes def not a OB??? hes not blotchy at all!!!!!!

redwood had them in with the latest shipment were just called marble cichlids , i got a similar one

there was one in a display tank that wasnt meant to be there all the rest were out the back my one dosent have the yellow like yours and had lost a bit of colour due to my melanochromis picking on it . i just said to bob about the one in the display tank then he i have marble peacocks out the back i said ill take a male 1 so he came out with a fish with egg spots but not a peacock (dont know what happened there) i brought it aneway , its not being picked on now so will be interesting to see it in a month or so

oh ok can you post a photo of it so i can see it?? cheers

there was one in a display tank that wasnt meant to be there all the rest were out the back my one dosent have the yellow like yours and had lost a bit of colour due to my melanochromis picking on it . i just said to bob about the one in the display tank then he i have marble peacocks out the back i said ill take a male 1 so he came out with a fish with egg spots but not a peacock (dont know what happened there) i brought it aneway , its not being picked on now so will be interesting to see it in a month or so

The "thrill of the chase " not withstanding I hope the result of the mbuna ID ends with the only resolution the current info on the fishes history would dictate

I could suggest Kenyi in there as well

As for yellow go still male on yr yellow.

I've had male looking females like Smidey as well, except they lack the vividness of black, the amount of black in pectoral and anal, and dorsal was as pointed.

tried to upload a cple shots of a boy and girl of mine.

Has anyone had trouble uploading to photobucket lately- very slow for me.