2 Degrees sim/mobile

imsweet

im waiting till they bring out thier deals....

atm you get 333 txts for 20 bux input (incl your magic topup) abviously les if your calling too... so, that means that really, without a deal, telecom and vodaphone still have the better deal (pre-pay speaking) with 1000 any network txt for 10 bux,

BUT agreed they have good rates for phone calls etc.

suppose its what you use your phone for that will decide your company.

im going to sit back and wait to see what else they come up with, and aparently theres another new company coming out!

yay for competition and unbundling of the networks! hip - hip!

So whats the deal with this 2 Degrees? I have a Vodafone prepay phone and I can get one of their sim cards and just insert it in to my phone. But will it give me better coverage? Cos thats my main concern at the moment. We live in Otautau, and there are only certain areas of our house such as in the bathroom, near the mantlepiece or bookcase in the lounge, or sometimes above the fridge in the kitchen where we can get reception. Yet 2 km down the road reception is great. :roll:

And no, I don't want to switch to Telecom. If thats my only other option for better reception then I'll keep my patch reception from Vodafone thanks.

i worry when $10 text goes out the window, i mean, i seldom use over 500, but even 500 for 10 bux is better than $12, (XT network) cos you have to buy a $20 topup anyway.... and 1 the next month...

i dont want to be on a contracted plan, pre-pay is so much easier. if any network brings out a $10 or less text plan for 500+ texts, theyl get me, and most young new zealanders on their side...

So whats the deal with this 2 Degrees? I have a Vodafone prepay phone and I can get one of their sim cards and just insert it in to my phone. But will it give me better coverage? Cos thats my main concern at the moment. We live in Otautau, and there are only certain areas of our house such as in the bathroom, near the mantlepiece or bookcase in the lounge, or sometimes above the fridge in the kitchen where we can get reception. Yet 2 km down the road reception is great. :roll:

And no, I don't want to switch to Telecom. If thats my only other option for better reception then I'll keep my patch reception from Vodafone thanks.

I'm in the same situation here, telecom is quite good here but vodafone coverage is completely crap at our house.

There's only 1 or 2 spots where we are lucky to get 2 bars. :(

You'll probably find that down there they are roaming on Vodafones cell towers meaning your reception will be identical. They only have their own equipment in Auckland I believe, maybe some other main centres.