Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
We’ve recently updated Aquarium World! We’re working through a few bugs, with exciting new features on the way. Thanks for your patience while we fine-tune the site.

2 Degrees sim/mobile

Featured Replies

hi, probably a silly question but if you get a 2 degrees sim, can you use it in your vodafone mobile? or do you need to get one of their phones? (theyve been advertised)

I have one and it works fine in my vodafone.. I am just waiting for the website to work to transfer my vodafone number over to 2degrees so I can use it :)

I have my sim but haven't got around to activating it yet. It will go into my current phone, I didn't buy a 2degree one.

im waiting till they bring out thier deals....

atm you get 333 txts for 20 bux input (incl your magic topup) abviously les if your calling too... so, that means that really, without a deal, telecom and vodaphone still have the better deal (pre-pay speaking) with 1000 any network txt for 10 bux,

BUT agreed they have good rates for phone calls etc.

suppose its what you use your phone for that will decide your company.

im going to sit back and wait to see what else they come up with, and aparently theres another new company coming out!

yay for competition and unbundling of the networks! hip - hip!

So whats the deal with this 2 Degrees? I have a Vodafone prepay phone and I can get one of their sim cards and just insert it in to my phone. But will it give me better coverage? Cos thats my main concern at the moment. We live in Otautau, and there are only certain areas of our house such as in the bathroom, near the mantlepiece or bookcase in the lounge, or sometimes above the fridge in the kitchen where we can get reception. Yet 2 km down the road reception is great. :roll:

And no, I don't want to switch to Telecom. If thats my only other option for better reception then I'll keep my patch reception from Vodafone thanks.

will it give me better coverage? Cos that's my main concern at the moment

totally agree i reckon all companies need to work on the reception thing no good having the best plan in town when you brake down in the middle of no where

i worry when $10 text goes out the window, i mean, i seldom use over 500, but even 500 for 10 bux is better than $12, (XT network) cos you have to buy a $20 topup anyway.... and 1 the next month...

i dont want to be on a contracted plan, pre-pay is so much easier. if any network brings out a $10 or less text plan for 500+ texts, theyl get me, and most young new zealanders on their side...

So whats the deal with this 2 Degrees? I have a Vodafone prepay phone and I can get one of their sim cards and just insert it in to my phone. But will it give me better coverage? Cos thats my main concern at the moment. We live in Otautau, and there are only certain areas of our house such as in the bathroom, near the mantlepiece or bookcase in the lounge, or sometimes above the fridge in the kitchen where we can get reception. Yet 2 km down the road reception is great. :roll:

And no, I don't want to switch to Telecom. If thats my only other option for better reception then I'll keep my patch reception from Vodafone thanks.

I'm in the same situation here, telecom is quite good here but vodafone coverage is completely crap at our house.

There's only 1 or 2 spots where we are lucky to get 2 bars. :(

So whats the deal with this 2 Degrees? I have a Vodafone prepay phone and I can get one of their sim cards and just insert it in to my phone. But will it give me better coverage? Cos thats my main concern at the moment. We live in Otautau, and there are only certain areas of our house such as in the bathroom, near the mantlepiece or bookcase in the lounge, or sometimes above the fridge in the kitchen where we can get reception. Yet 2 km down the road reception is great. :roll:

And no, I don't want to switch to Telecom. If thats my only other option for better reception then I'll keep my patch reception from Vodafone thanks.

You'll probably find that down there they are roaming on Vodafones cell towers meaning your reception will be identical. They only have their own equipment in Auckland I believe, maybe some other main centres.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.