Filter question

michael.qian

they're one of the most reliable brands out. knew someone who had one for 15 years, still going for all I know, and it had taken a lot of abuse including several house moves

House moves are considered abuse?! :o

Uh-oh... I had better pay more attention to my five-year-old eheim that has moved house with me at least five times!

But I do agree with the others who say nothing should need replacing - just regular checking and maintenance to make sure everything is still doing what it should.

they're one of the most reliable brands out. knew someone who had one for 15 years, still going for all I know, and it had taken a lot of abuse including several house moves

I have, iirc three 404s that no longer work out of 4 in the last 7 or so years. So far they're losing out to CF1200s in reliability...

Do you still have the 404's? I am looking for some parts

What parts are you looking for? I think I still have 1-2 of them, they do not have impellers/shafts or impeller covers and the pump heads are there but faulty.

I have a 304 that I would like to kick at times, now I have to position it at an angle in a polybox for it to run without rattling and the flow dropping down to nothing.

I also have a 104 that runs like a dream, but if I recall when having a look at the replacement parts diagram, the 304 and 404's are constructed differently motor wise than the 104 and 204.