August 5, 200917 yr comment_321663 Hi all I have a 2 year old Fluval 405 filter. Been running great, but just wondering if it's necessary to replace anything? Since it's been quite a while. I'm asking because I definitely can't afford a breakdown now, due to being very busy etc... Thanks Report
August 5, 200917 yr comment_321666 I would leave it be, as the saying goes Why fix it if it's not broken " Report
August 5, 200917 yr comment_321667 they don't break easy. I have 2 of them. one has been running for 3+ years now and no problems at all. if you maintain them by cleaning the impellors etc its all good. Report
August 6, 200917 yr comment_321769 If it is running well and not got too noisy then leave it alone. No need to replace parts unless they break. Report
August 6, 200917 yr comment_321780 they're one of the most reliable brands out. knew someone who had one for 15 years, still going for all I know, and it had taken a lot of abuse including several house moves Report
August 6, 200917 yr comment_321785 they're one of the most reliable brands out. knew someone who had one for 15 years, still going for all I know, and it had taken a lot of abuse including several house moves House moves are considered abuse?! Uh-oh... I had better pay more attention to my five-year-old eheim that has moved house with me at least five times! But I do agree with the others who say nothing should need replacing - just regular checking and maintenance to make sure everything is still doing what it should. Report
August 6, 200917 yr Author comment_321845 Ok thanks a lot. Do go regular maintenance, flow rate is excellent as usual. Report
August 6, 200917 yr comment_321936 they're one of the most reliable brands out. knew someone who had one for 15 years, still going for all I know, and it had taken a lot of abuse including several house moves I have, iirc three 404s that no longer work out of 4 in the last 7 or so years. So far they're losing out to CF1200s in reliability... Report
August 6, 200917 yr comment_321938 I have, iirc three 404s that no longer work out of 4 in the last 7 or so years. So far they're losing out to CF1200s in reliability... Do you still have the 404's? I am looking for some parts Report
August 6, 200917 yr comment_321949 Do you still have the 404's? I am looking for some parts What parts are you looking for? I think I still have 1-2 of them, they do not have impellers/shafts or impeller covers and the pump heads are there but faulty. Report
August 7, 200917 yr comment_322048 I have a 304 that I would like to kick at times, now I have to position it at an angle in a polybox for it to run without rattling and the flow dropping down to nothing. I also have a 104 that runs like a dream, but if I recall when having a look at the replacement parts diagram, the 304 and 404's are constructed differently motor wise than the 104 and 204. Report
August 7, 200917 yr comment_322056 I have 204's/304's/404's and CF1200's but must agree with Ira about the CF 1200's. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.