Rescaped tank ideas? (Pictures)

SamH

Thought that might be the case!

What about shelf brackets?

Or the real McCoy, last product on the page - http://www.arcadia-uk.info/product.php? ... ⊂=&id=4

Actually, what makes you think that you will be allowed to make holes in the wall either?

I did not gift myself the pointy stick... we have four NZKA members in our club.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet you can get the same things at Bunnings for a mere fraction of the price! :P

I don't know, the walls just seems safer the the roof. Will upload a sketcup of my proposed room change. The tank needs to be moved out of the sunlight anyways, it's rather annoying having to cover it up all the time :-?

Who gave you the pointy stick, where do they live and what are their weaknesses? :o :lol:

Thanks for the offer Morcs but I'd like to be able to take photos of the tank by itself, nearly nothing visible. If my plan fails then that could be my plan B. :bow:

Turns out I might swap rooms with my little brother, far less sun in his room. Just have to see what he says about it though *fingers-crossed*

Woah, major chaos. If anyone's keen for a read then here it is.

So I started off the day by asking my bro' if he'd like to switch rooms. He was reluctant but then I let him play on my computer so he came around. We dismantled his bunk bed and moved his million's of tonnes of junk out of his room into the hallway and dining area.

We then broke down my bed, moved the matress out and tried to get the base into his old room/my new room. Problem no. 1, my bed is a queen, his old one was only a single. Therefore it didn't fit down the hallway so we had to take it outside through Mum's bedroom door and round into the kitchen and back down into the hallway, and we're not muscle heavy guys either. Once we finally slid the base into his room, the matress seemed pretty easy.

We moved all his bunk gear into my old room and left it. Mum came home and helped him reassemble it so I decided to empty the 54L. I took out the two killi fry and put them in a container in the 3 footer. Caught all the others (2 rams, 2 ottos and a platy) and chucked them in the 3 footer too. Drained their tank, moved it to my new room and then noticed that Mr and Mrs. BN have decided to lay eggs. So I quickly caught all the fish (except one elusive ram, who's caught now) and put all the platies (5 of them!) and the two ottos into the net breeder and the rams into a seperate container.

I also tried removing the glass braces from the top of the 54L but didn't even come close. So I just gave up, filled it back up and hoped it'd clear soon. Do I need to take the BN's offspring out too or will he be fine with them? I wanted to take the eggs out but they're in an awkard positions between the DW and a rock. To make matters worse, I smashed up a whole lot of glosso trying to catch the rams.

*sigh*. That is my rant, could I please have some advise on how to remove the rim? I was using a razor blade but it was only removing the silicone.

Sounds like you have had a fun day!

I was just looking at your sketchup, you may want to have the brackets for the lights higher otherwise when you want to do some tank maintenance the lights are going to get in the way. Make the suspension wires longer so that you can either swing it out of the way and hook it to something while you are working - or in your case, causing havoc and destruction with a net :wink: - or so that you can raise it up on some sort of pulley system.

Got any pics of this bracing you can't deal to?

How thick is the silicone between the brace and the tank?

If there is stuff all gap in between the side of the tank and the brace, there is no way you will get a manky old craft knife blade between it, is there?

I will ask Barrie for you what is the best thing for getting the brace off.

You can get the Wilkinson blades from the supermarket, but they are something like $18.00 for a pack of ten :o

Well I cut down the silicone from the left side down to a few mm, the right side has maybe 1cm? I can't get the blade between the two bits of glass but I can sort of cut away at some bits of silicone. Is it safe to do it while the tank's full or will I have to drain it right down again? Can't remove the sand at the bottom, hairgrass nightmare :o

Sorry Sam

I normally dont come in this forum

You can buy a stiff back razor from craft shops. They are the thinest blade that I know of.

There is normally a part that you can squeeze a blade in and work from that point. The blade acts a as spredder as well so it may pay to grab a couple of them.

I would take as much water from the tank as you can as that relives the presure a bit.

Again, if you were willing to risk a trip to the wild west, I would happily do it for you or give you a couple of blades

Could I have some advise on how to do it.

Do I just keep cutting away at the visible silicone on the inside until there's none left and then pull the glass off? Or is there a special technique? I'm not overly patient...

Thanks for the offer Barrie but it'd be more hassle than it's worth. Seeing as I can't remove the sand from the bottom without causing more chaos, I'll just try myself thanks. :bow:

A pic would be good...

Is the bracing siting on top of the front and back, or is it inside the tank and down a bit from the top, or is it laying flat along the sides and stuck on with a ton of silicone?

Don't make me have to draw some pictures...

Please! Don't draw pictures! Nooo! :o :lol:

Here's some photo's:

Right side:

Front

http://i445.photobucket.com/albums/qq17 ... G_4754.jpg

Side

http://i445.photobucket.com/albums/qq17 ... G_4755.jpg

Left side:

Front

http://i445.photobucket.com/albums/qq17 ... G_4756.jpg

Side

http://i445.photobucket.com/albums/qq17 ... G_4757.jpg

How did you make yor nano bigger?!

(Kept on getting General Error)

I can see by the photos you have just posted that on the corners, one side is slightly higer than the other so that IS your start point

No patence = broken glass and cuts to the hand... thats not too bad but the blood makes a mess that needs to be cleaned up

Pics P44! Don't needa post 'em here but at least gimme a link? Tony Bates (Goldfishman) made me it, and my 3 footer. He did a great job too. Why?

Where do I start Barrie? Just with a blade and cut at the silicone?