How long can Baby Brine Shrimp survive in hatchery?

si_sphinx

Im not sure where to put this but im sure mods will move it if not supposed to be here :)

I hatch a litre of water of them each time using ready mixed with salt packets but its too much for my fry to eat all at once so i can only give them a little at a time and leave the rest until the next time they need feed.

Ive feed them 4 times from one batch now over 2 days and there is still a little BBS left.

So got me wondering how long BBS will last in their hatchery keeping the air stone on before they die?

What can i do to make them survive longer?

Have you thought about popping them into an Ice Cube Maker and freezing them,

I'm not sure if the Nutritional Value will be the same if they are Frozen, I cant see that it will make any difference to be quite honest with you.

I used to do this when I was breeding Angels :bounce:

after they hatch they take about 24 to 36 hours to grow a mouth and rear end. For that first 24 hours they are at their best food wise and only start having a reduced value as time goes on so regardless of how long they will live for, I would not bother with them after say 36 hours.

Why do you not hatch less but hatch more often?

Have you thought about popping them into an Ice Cube Maker and freezing them,

I'm not sure if the Nutritional Value will be the same if they are Frozen, I cant see that it will make any difference to be quite honest with you.

I used to do this when I was breeding Angels :bounce:

lol dah... i never even thought about that :roll:

they are most nutritious within 24 hours of hatching, after that they consume the yolk.

you sure can freeze them. i withdraw some in a syringe and then freeze the syringe. remember to leave some space in the syringe for the anomalous expansion of water. :wink:

Hi Al;l.

I'm pleased to see that there are those out there that hatch "TOO MUCH".

I hatch 15grams per day, every day and still I only have enough to feed out, leave alone Freeze any.

I could hatch more if I really wanted to freeze some, or I could grow them on to breeding size which I have experimented with in the past, and it is an interesting past time.

Good Luck.