name my rooster

darkfur

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Noname?

Just don't name him Joe Blogg - I have a work colleague called this, ok, she is Jo, but it sounds the same, and you have to be sooo careful when explaining things to students and need a name for an example!

My son suggests Starsky (cos he is in a hutch - sounds a bit suss to me)

Daughter outlaw said Huggy Bear as he was a pimp with a harem of girls

:bow: might be hard to explain that one to the neighbours kids but full marks for originality

• 4 weeks later...

Ya seen the animated movie "Chicken Run" ? (by same creators of Wallace & Grommit) The Star was named "Rocky" ... unfortunately, it is Mel Gibsons voice...

Considering the hatching success, how about morphing a well know Kiwi name?

A.J. Hatch-it ! :)

he was called "Hiwi the Kiwi" by his previous owners because he didn't have much of a tail. I've changed it to Hughie the Rooey so he learns quickly when I'm calling him. He's got another batch of kids now, 22 of them. Good thing roosters don't pay child support!

Cool, i have blue & black also. Whats the difference between these & the splash? :)

Splash has blue streaks over a whitish background. If you have a blue roo you can get splash bubbas. The genetics are BB = black Bb = blue bb= splash. So blue Bb x blue Bb produces 25% BB black 25% bb splash 50% Bb blue. Splash bb x Black BB produces all Bb Blue. A lot of breeders use a splash rooster over black hens to guarantee all blue offspring. I am writing a book on chooks btw :D