Unlevel Tank

wellmax

I have just installed my new Aqua One UFO 880 tank, this tank is a corner tank. The cabinet has 4mm round feet spread over the base. What I have noticed is my water level from left to right is uneven and goes from 10mm to Omm. I have reread the instructions and have noted if the tank is not installed on a level surface and anything happens the warrenty becomes void. My floor is concrete and carpeted, Im thinking maybe the feet have sunken into the carpent unevenly. Can anyone make any suggestions how to correct or will every thing be ok. I was thinking of starting again and removeing the carpet in the corner completely and alowing the stand to stand directly on the concrete floor. Regards.

I had the same problem with Mine, we are on a concrete floor too, we got a small piece of carpet and placed it under the foot that needed to be lifted up to make the Tank Level.

Hubby placed a spade under the Fish Tank Cabinet to gently lift it up, while I put the piece of carpet under the Cabinet Foot.

Worked a treat :bounce:

I had the same problem with Mine, we are on a concrete floor too, we got a small piece of carpet and placed it under the foot that needed to be lifted up to make the Tank Level.

Hubby placed a spade under the Fish Tank Cabinet to gently lift it up, while I put the piece of carpet under the Cabinet Foot.

Worked a treat :bounce:

I was confused for a second, then I realised the capitalization was just for decoration. :wink:

Two further suggestions...

1. Tape duct tape or similar around the top edge (mine is 4cm wide and some sort of material, rather than plastic, stretchy tape. Bought at an auto shop I think) so you can't see the water line.

2. When you look at the tank, tip your head sideways to the appropriate angle until it looks level :wink:

With much consideration I decided to drain the tank and remove the carpet. Now the stand is directly in contact with the cement floor. With a little bit of packing the tank is now perfectly level. The lesson learnt here is don't place Aqua One tanks on a carpent surface "Why" their little round plastic feet will press into you carpent unevenly. Thus the problem. Regards