anyone interested in track racing - Taupo

paul_r

the ~600K lambo LP640 cannot shake a ~25K ducati around the track (watch that episode of top gear its awesome).

Id rather have the car- but you do not know the thrill of a bike until you have ridden a real bike. ridden bikes for a majority of my life, love them to bits but id rather have an awesome car even thought they cost a lot more.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I showed my oldest Boy how it's done a few weeks back :wink: He kept on nagging me "Come on Mum you haven't taken me new car out for a spin yet" well, I thought now's my chance to have a go, so I took his Skyline GTR out for a spin, with my son in the passengers seat of course, Driftered it round the corner, had the old wheels spinning for awhile lol well the look on my Son's Face was just priceless :o:o All I said to him was "Dont under estimate your Mother" :wink:

Nice one, no wonder the general public hate anyone driving a modified japanese car. :roll: :evil:

Hans you got any lap times for the day?

Hans you got any lap times for the day?

We are doing some timing on Friday, cant find any of my old time's though. Should be heaps of video footage from the day also.

Im going to build a 300hp 1.8t screamer in the next few years, goal is 850-900kgs

Im going to build a 300hp 1.8t screamer in the next few years, goal is 850-900kgs

will be very impressive :o

thats what i would like to have, already under 900kg with all accessories and interior etc, however 300 hp is a bit of an ask from a 1300 motor almost 20 years old (is doable tho) just dont think its worth the cost, ill be happy with 200-250 horse at wheels from my setup

will be very impressive :o

thats what i would like to have, already under 900kg with all accessories and interior etc, however 300 hp is a bit of an ask from a 1300 motor almost 20 years old (is doable tho) just dont think its worth the cost, ill be happy with 200-250 horse at wheels from my setup

I know a guy in nz doing a 400hp version. Big turbo + injectors + rods + ecu work is all that's needed. The engines can do double that.

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll27 ... 0020-3.jpg

:o WAOH!!!!!! NICE!!!! :hail:

that would be nuts, all wheel drive aswell i assume.

that would show up many evos wrxs etc would loe to see that thing going!!!

FWD at the moment but will go 4wd in teh future

His next project is a engine and drive train out of a R32(3.2v6) golf into a light 2 door shell

are you on kiwibiker?

my brother has an r6 (black&red) (he has written off 1 or 2 so far i think on the tracks) he is on the north shore - keeps cribbing about some evil anti biker cop.

Ah yes, warkworths finest. a Mr Sgt Chris Walker.

Im his favourite customer. Hes made me walk about 4 times now...

Im Morcs on KB.

Id rather die in a nice car than sliding along the road to my death thanks

Sliding on your butt at 150 or so is actually not to bad, on the track anyway. As long as you dont actually hit anything its fine... at lower speeds It can be fun... until you look over and see ya bike sliding along with you!

Anyways, any of you guys do drags?

havnt done any legal ones yet, still need to do few more things on starlet before taking it to a dragstrip.

done plenty of stupid illegal ones back in the day, quite glad ive grown up somewhat and realised how dangerous etc they are.

I find it greatly amusing that youd have to spend at least 50k on a car to be close to a 10k bike hehe

I don't get it, no matter how much you spend on a bike you won't be able to thrash it at the track on sunday, pick up the groceries on the way home, and then drive it to work on a rainy monday morning with out getting wet.

:wink:

Or take Multipule Passengers, weither it be new Fish or Family and Friends

And where are you going to put that new Tank if you buy one??

Do they make trailers for Motorbikes :o

David R: I think you know my son, who had the write up in the Performance Car Mag, with his Bright Orange Honda Civic :D

I don't get it, no matter how much you spend on a bike you won't be able to thrash it at the track on sunday, pick up the groceries on the way home, and then drive it to work on a rainy monday morning with out getting wet.

:wink:

I can and I do :D

Though I dont do the grocery shopping by bike anymore, but easily got good storage with the right luggage. Im probably dryer when I get to work than people who park in teh carpark outside work and have to run into the building hehe

Might head on up to Taupo with Hayden if he's racing that weekend.

Would be gret to meet some of you guys :D

He's busy working on his car once again, getting it ready to race at Manfield on the 5th July, he smacked it up last time he raced at Pukekohe, did 4 Laps then lost it, smacked into the Wall. :roll:

He's done pretty well really, raced 16 races and only lost it Once :wink:

Cars had a new Paint Job too :wink:

Paul R: He was in PC Mag no: 127 July 2007

Always have a couple of spare PC Mags floating around :wink: to show Friends and Family

Ok here goes, lets see if I know how to do this :roll:

Here's a Pic of Hayden's Car :

http://www.bebo.com/PhotoAlbumBig.jsp?M ... 4795520226

Not having much luck posting a pic out of my received files, because obviously I cant LOL, so have posted a link to Hayden's Bebo Page, he's got some good photo's on there, also a photo of his Integra Type R.

The first photo on his Bebo Page is one of the one's he had in the Performance Car Mag.