anyone interested in track racing - Taupo

paul_r

A track day is being organised by the starletcentral forum site

one of the chicks from the site has booked track 3 on Sunday 23 August, anyone want to come? need cotten overalls and a helmet, fire extinguisher with metal brackets preffered but not essential, need wof and rego. also needs to pass basic scrutineering

cost is dependant on numbers, maximum of $100 entry, could be as low as $50 if 40 people race.

Will be on track 3 with cones added on home straight to make course more technical

anyone welcome to come (except if your a muppet dont even bother) needs to be paid up by 30 July.

So long as my car is legal i will be racing

Paul

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My son races his Honda Civic on the Taupo Track all the time, along with racing at Manfield, Mere Mere, Christchurch and Masterton :D

His next race is at Manfield on the 5th July :bounce:

He had a Centre Page spread in the Performance Car Mag a wee while ago, along with a write up as to what mods he has done to his car and how much he has spent on it, has spent more $$$$ then he's got unforunately, very expensive hobby :oops:

Great fun to watch him race :bounce: :bounce:

Is it a Toyota Race Day or is it a Race Day for everybody??

Lynda

anyones allowed to come for a race. pretty sure this track day is adertised on toyspeed nzhondas and skylinesdownunder forums, so long as car passes basic scrutineering, just basic no skids, drifting etc and your not a .... hmm cant think of a word that wont get banned... so long as you have half a brain sweet as

would love for some dirty ol V8's to come mix it up a bit :bounce:

cars are definatly an expensive hobby, always some new part you HAVE to get. my car owes me many times more than its worth, no way will i ever get a fraction of it back but its my passion, ive done all the work myself and learnt tons. have no regrets what so ever.

Im open to grudge matches :lol: ive never been on a track before so will be big learning experience for me and never been able to test my new setup properly, so long as car is legal in time i will be there racing

i give hondas alot of flack but only for a laugh and friendly competition

My 4 Boys tell me I'm too Old to race :roll:

Well I showed my oldest Boy how it's done a few weeks back :wink: He kept on nagging me "Come on Mum you haven't taken me new car out for a spin yet" well, I thought now's my chance to have a go, so I took his Skyline GTR out for a spin, with my son in the passengers seat of course, Driftered it round the corner, had the old wheels spinning for awhile lol well the look on my Son's Face was just priceless :o:o All I said to him was "Dont under estimate your Mother" :wink:

Have to say I even surprised myself :lol:

Great Fun :bounce:

Couldn't shut him up when we got home lol, I just played it cool like it was something I do everyday

My 4 Boys tell me I'm too Old to race :roll:

Well I showed my oldest Boy how it's done a few weeks back :wink: He kept on nagging me "Come on Mum you haven't taken me new car out for a spin yet" well, I thought now's my chance to have a go, so I took his Skyline GTR out for a spin, with my son in the passengers seat of course, Driftered it round the corner, had the old wheels spinning for awhile lol well the look on my Son's Face was just priceless :o:o

Have to say I even surprised myself :lol:

Great Fun :bounce:

Couldn't shut him up when we got home lol, I just played it cool like it was something I do everyday