Neolamprologus brichardi

supasi

I am wanting to setup a small African tank.I have a spare 2 footer. I know its small, but can someone tell me if I could keep a couple of Neolamprologus brichardi in it?

They really appeal to me, but as I am an avid South American fan, I dont really know too much about them.

Can someone shed some local thoughts on the keeping of them

Thanks

Ok so a two foot tank equates to approx 15 gallons, but has anyone here successfully kept them in such a small tank?

Im not looking for a huge fancy African biotope setup, more just these fish. WetPets in Palmy has some in a display tank and they always have young being herded around the tank. I look at them everytime I go in and wish I had some myself.

I think they are pretty little fish.

Yeah they would probably be fine, but once breeding would very quickly over populate it.. Another option would be jullies (my breeding pair are in a 45cm divided portion of a larger tank with a heap of babies). If you are convinced on brichardi then look into the daffidol (pulchers) same temperment and similar look to the brichardi but IMO alot better looking. I got a heap of pulchers for breeding a few years ago but unfortunately ended up with 2 males don't know what happened to the rest lol.