Fluval Edge

Phantom

Has anyone seen a Fluval Edge tank for sale anywhere in NZ or know how much they would cost?

Looks like the perfect tank for my office at work :D

fluvaledge.jpg

- Stylish 23L, 3D Cube Aquarium Set

- Professional, hidden filtration for clean, clear water

- Partially sealed glass top allows aquarium to be filled to the brim

- Provides high definition viewing from every angle

- 2 x 10W safe, low voltage Halogen lights create stunning "shimmer" effect

- Floating base design for a clean, contemporary look

- Overall dimensions: 36.5cm H x 43cm W x 35cm D

- Tank Dimensions: 22.4cm H x 43cm W x 26cm D

More info at the Hagen website: http://www.hagen.com/pdf/aquatic/Fluval_EDGE.pdf

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong section, didn't really know where it would fit as it's not WTB yet, just after info.

not available here just as yet.

its a neat tank but there are a couple of issues - like a limited space on top for you to put ornaments in etc.

and plain halogen bulbs so only good for low light plants.

I suspect these may make it here, after (and only if) they sell well in other countries.

It has just gone on sale in the UK and my friend Sean (manager of Wharf Aquatics) has just set one up in the shop. It looked really good but he was not sure how it would go long term. It is very small so you are limited to what can be put in it. The water fills to the top so tricky if you have to stick your hand in. It looked good though

DSC06480.jpg

It was selling there for about 90 pounds, which translates to around $249. Very expensive for such a small tank.

I wouldn't consider that to be overly expensive. Taking that you have the tank, heater, lights and filter all in one. Not to mention the stylish look.

I think I would pay that for one. Given that I want it for my office so it would have to look good.

I wouldn't consider that to be overly expensive. Taking that you have the tank, heater, lights and filter all in one. Not to mention the stylish look.

I think I would pay that for one. Given that I want it for my office so it would have to look good.

I looked on the website and they do not come standard with a heater. I think i might just make one instead, have to glass and wood for it.

is it easy enough to cut a u shape like that in a pice of glass?

I have never tried to cut a "U" shape before but if i try and fail then off to the glass place with a piece for them to cut. I have plans already through Google Sketchup :lol:

Is it breach of copy right laws if i copy the design a little bit?

OMG!

stop stealing my ideas!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have had this planned out for more than a month now. i may make a tank like that, as soon as my exams get over

P44- I think quite a few people have been thinking about it for quite awhile now.. :lol:

given that it fills to the top, how do they get around oxygen issues? Or can you only have enough fish for the actual surface area?

Looks terribly annoying to clean or get anything into ever.

The light is only on a tiny part of the surface, so it might have issues with being dull, especially if you want to grow plants.

Apart from looking different, I fail to see any advantages to this compared to other commercial all-in-one aquaria....

given that it fills to the top, how do they get around oxygen issues? Or can you only have enough fish for the actual surface area?

Looks terribly annoying to clean or get anything into ever.

The light is only on a tiny part of the surface, so it might have issues with being dull, especially if you want to grow plants.

Apart from looking different, I fail to see any advantages to this compared to other commercial all-in-one aquaria....

+1

it has the wow- factor.

in reality the lights are not suited to growing plants, and only plants like java fern, crypts, and maybe some sag species will survive.

the tanks are not too large - they capture the nano market.

the tanks are accessible from that little box on top of the tank. it comes off to reveal a lighting uni with 2 halogens, and a HOB filter.

remove them and there is a small square where you can fit your hand in.

the oxygen problem does not exist as the HOB filter does its job and creates flow, and exposes a certain amount of water to the air. i can imagine having problems if the tank was overstocked, or in the case of a prolonged power cut.

The best thing is that it looks different; and we like different. and you can get them in different colours. a bit like those old imac's in colours. totally useless, but were so different that they were amazingly popular!