Lyre tail betta splendens

Adrienne

so I'm guessing then that these are doubletails from veiltails. I purchased one out of interest and it looks nothing like the double tail male I used to have. He was like a halfmoon with the 180 degree spread but with the split down the middle

- this is him

dtmale.jpg.

Personally, double tails are my fav's. Photos are from Aquabid over the past few years. (I look at fish on there, not for what I want, but for ideas of what I want to breed towards)

fwbettashm1203093214.jpg

Platinum White DT

MustardDTHM.jpg

Mustard Gas DT

BlackYellowDT.jpg

Orange and Black DT

GoldYellowDT.jpg

Gold DT

PineappleDTCT.jpg

Pineapple DTCT

redbutterflyDTHM.jpg

Red Butterfly or "Apache" DT

ChocolateDT.jpg

Chocolate DT

the fish in the pics are from american breeders.

we have the ability to breed nice fish here, just need dedication, a basic understanding of genetics, a goal, and patience :)

all that and alot of space for tanks, alot of breeders on aquabid are in thai land where they dont need heaters, which means they can easily breed

imagine how many bettas we would all have if nz was a tropical climate and we didnt need heaters

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: yahooooo no heaters ---we would all run around naked and so would the fish .......................

:o all jokes aside they are very nice fish and i realilise that we do have some very,very good breeders here :bow::bow::bow: .....its mainly the fish themselves ,how they look and show themselves.

If only i was that good looking(but i am) :lol: