a very nice surprise.....

seahorsemad

Thanks everyone, got home tonight and none were dead so i must be doing something right. I have one brine shrimp hatchery and two small fish tanks going at the moment so should be able to keep up with food. I am also feeding them with livebearer liquid food as some of them are too small to eat brine shrimp yet.

Wok it was one of the seahorses that i got from napier that gave birth to the babies ($25.00 for 250+ seahorses, what a bargain!!), hoping it might show the other one how to breed. I think we are having a tank crawl next weekend so you can see them then.

thanks pegasus. I have a four foot tank with nine seahorses and various anenomies, crabs and a few snapper shrimp which i have had set up for almost a year now. My nursery tank is a 80 litre tank, bear bottom, with the top blacked out so that the brine shrimp go towards the bottom of the tank (towards the light) and dont cause bubbles in the baby seahorses head. It is running a little sponge filter so the babies dont get sucked up and i am changing up 8 litres a day at the moment. Have also got a few adult brine shrimp in there which seem to be eating all the food that sits on the bottom and dosent get eaten by the seahorses.

All is going well so far, but i expect at the most a 10% survival rate, the hardest part is getting them past three weeks old, fins crossed