May 28, 200917 yr comment_308808 At the moment my planted 120 litre tank is getting medicated, so ALL my plants will die after medication is finish (don't ask what happen :-? :roll: ) Anyway I am now wanting to totally redo the tank Tank is a Jewel Rio 120 litre I really like the substrate used in this post viewtopic.php?f=4&t=38846 does anyone locally (palmerston north) know if you can get it here?? So if anyone has any ideas - let me know Fish occupying tank at the moment are: albino BN's, tiger barbs & kribs Report
May 28, 200917 yr comment_308852 Can you tell me why, all of your plants will die from you medicating your Tank?? What did you medicate with?? and what for?? Report
May 28, 200917 yr Author comment_308856 I treated with wonder tonic for some sort of skin problem - I have twisting val that's already starting to die and other plants that won't survive it. But it's ok as I was getting bored with the tank anyway Report
May 28, 200917 yr comment_308908 oh no. hate to ask... but have to... what happened? Would you like to borrow my T5 HO 2foot light for a week or so? That will help your plants. :bounce: Report
May 28, 200917 yr Author comment_308910 Not to worried about the plants, if some survive then great - I have more in my other planted tank so can take clippings from them I noticed afew weeks ago this white growth on one of my tiger barbs, silly me left him in the tank but it appeared to be getting better - but then afew days ago afew more fish got the same growths but with like peeling skin :-? but they do seem to be getting better - hopefully the meds will clear it all up Report
May 28, 200917 yr Author comment_308913 I'm treating with wonder tonic for now and see how that goes - got salt in there too Report
May 28, 200917 yr comment_308915 Awesome, let me know if you would like to borrow that light. I can spare it for a week or so. Im presently using it as a study lamp Report
May 28, 200917 yr comment_308918 Awesome, let me know if you would like to borrow that light. I can spare it for a week or so. Im presently using it as a study lamp At least you wont fall asleep Report
May 28, 200917 yr comment_308930 That substrate looks like black silica gravel? I have some in my tank - looks fantastic! I got a 5kg bag from my local petstore... think it was about $18 Report
May 28, 200917 yr Author comment_309009 I brought the gravel on trademe from Auckland Was that the charcoal gravel? I've seen it on TM and asked about but they haven't got back to me yet :roll: this stuff http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... =220706228 Report
May 28, 200917 yr Author comment_309010 Awesome, let me know if you would like to borrow that light. I can spare it for a week or so. Im presently using it as a study lamp We have ALOT of spare lights here so thank you for the offer, but no need Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.