LG morphs

Charlie

• 1 month later...

Just browsing through this topic :) . Here's my idea 8) . First of all, does it cost to apply for a health standard? If not musch or not at all, I say we get all that are interested in LG's in this forum, maybe 50 or so, and we mass apply for a health standard :wink::D:D .

As individuals we will fall, however, united we stand and supply LG's to all!!! :lol: :lol: :D (cheesy I know :D )

Applying is easy but paying for the research and paper work is the challenge. If it was that easy it would have already been done.

I think what he is saying is that with 50 people all putting a bit in then the cost would be a lot less ? Essentially that ought not to be as challenging. I would imagine finding the 50 would be the hard part, lol.

I know what is being said but to get 50 (or so ) people to front up with the money and see it through when there is absolutely no guarantee of success is the challenge. I have done a similar thing in relation to other organisms and it has a habit of turning to custard.

I know what is being said but to get 50 (or so ) people to front up with the money and see it through when there is absolutely no guarantee of success is the challenge. I have done a similar thing in relation to other organisms and it has a habit of turning to custard.

Ah I see, sorry Alan, must have misunderstood what you meant - when you wrote "Applying is easy but paying for the research and paper work is the challenge" I didnt think you had realised he was talking about getting 50 people together to pay for it. I would think that if you managed to get 50 people together then the paying for it would not be a problem (assuming they paid up front and didnt start pulling out I suppose) - its getting the people in the first place, that I would imagine would be the issue. :D

I would love to see leopards imported but as part of the submission you need to prove that they will not be a threat to any living thing in NZ and that is the main challenge, let alone the cost of quarantine if they were approved---which I very much doubt. We have some very rare native geckos which those with the say would no doubt prefer to protect. Much as I would love to have some, count me out.

That kind of makes a mockery of the fact that the ones that are already here, are allowed ! Surely logic (yes yes I know they don't display much at times) would suggest that if there are LGs in the country already, legally, then whats the difference of importing more !? It just wouldn't make sense.

the problem is everything nowadays needs a health standard to import and as one has never been done then any new imports will require one to be done

i query wether one has been done for Homo sapiens as i would imagine they would be very damaging for the environment and native animals etc

Take that boy's name. Once again he is on to it. It doesn't realy matter if it makes sense or not---that is the path that has to be travelled and the experts are not going to believe you or me, so we would have to pay megabucks to an "expert" to present the case. The ones in the country were brought in and released under the old system. Blue toungues were also but have been banned by Auckland Regional Council. Good luck out there, but you probably have a better chance of winning lotto. At least that is one in 3.8 million if I remember correctly.

ah well I'm gunna be moving to the states in a few years or so anyway :D . Also, another thing, why can we not keep native geckos inside if we supply the right heat, light and habitat?? I had a look on their website and they said outdoor cages only. Any reasons?? :-?

Also, another thing, why can we not keep native geckos inside if we supply the right heat, light and habitat?? I had a look on their website and they said outdoor cages only. Any reasons?? :-?

They need the hot and cold cycle, why keep them inside when they thrive outside?

They are not like any other pet...they just sit there and do nothing most of the time

the problem is everything nowadays needs a health standard to import and as one has never been done then any new imports will require one to be done

i query wether one has been done for Homo sapiens as i would imagine they would be very damaging for the environment and native animals etc

LOL - I reckon we'd all be sent packing !!

Mark I think you should write biosecurities a very long and serious email regarding the proliferation of this invasive species that has destroyed huge areas of natural habitat and has no import health standard and should most certainly be containment only...

Mark I think you should write biosecurities a very long and serious email regarding the proliferation of this invasive species that has destroyed huge areas of natural habitat and has no import health standard and should most certainly be containment only...

With restrospective analysis starting on the North Island, lol. :lol: :lol: :lol: