Juwel Vision 180 - Still cycling, but take a look...

AtomicHotdog

Here's my tank so far... (a few weeks in)

It's a 180l Juwel Vision with T5 lighting. I'm going for the sunken temple look hence the stone buddha statue. It's still pretty light on plants, but I have a few more on the way which are due next week and I eventually want the statue quite hidden by lush green plants. Well thats the plan :o

The plants should also help to hide the join in my structured background. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep the air stone, if I do, I will bury it in the gravel.

As I mentioned in my introduction post, I'm leaning towards Angelfish once the cycle is complete.

22may2005.jpg

Thanks to the Tiger Barbs who are working hard to cycle the tank!

If you want to stop the nibbling on the plants, or chewing on the tails of other fish get more of them and then they tend to stick to them selves. it takes a bit of experimenting really. ive had some tiger, ruby and rosy barbs that never harmed plants or even long finned fish like fighters etc.

Also ruby barbs look v.similar to tiger barbs minus the red, and they stay smaller and tend to be more placid.

The background is inside the tank.

Juwel make structured backgrounds in a variety of styles e.g. clay, stone, granite, tree roots. They have to be siliconed in, but it was easy enough to do. You can check out the backgrounds here: http://www.juwel-aquarium.de/en/motive_background_stone494.htm

I think they are a bit of a rip off, as for my tank I needed to buy two, and as you can see in the picture I only used a really small piece for the second bit. But in saying that I'm really happy with how it looks. And it should look even better once the plants grow around it.

My only concern is if it becomes dirty how I'm going to keep it clean as its polystyrene , though from surfing the various forums around the world people don't seem to have that issue with them, though time will tell I guess.

The sand for anyone that is interested is 1-2mm grade Basalt rock.

:)

apparently to get lots of wealth and happiness, you have to rub the Buddhas tummy everyday. it makes him laugh cause of the tickling, and then that causes the tickler to be showered with happiness and wealth.

Try dong that to Mark and see if it has the same effect. :o :lol:

its going to look cool when finnsh.

great job. :hail::hail:

Found the buddha on Trademe, took me a while to find one I like, but different styles seem to come up all the time.

It's funny every now and again air bubbles pop/squeeze out from behind the buddha... who needs Co2 when you have buddha farts? :o