red spot pleco okay with a bristlenose?

fishbreeder

my LFS is getting in some baby red spot plecos, im going to get one and a bristle nose. will they be okay together?

my tank is a 2 foot long by 1 foot wide by 1 1/2 high. i currently have 7 betta females adn one kuhli loach. going to put in some corys and a few more kuhlis. could i have two red spot plecos in there? are all plecos compatiable as tank mates?

THEY are peaceful. but they get massive .. well huge. so just know that before you get one. you have to be willing to find it a home eventually, and that eventually may come sooner than you expected :o :lol:

i keep rehoming my red spots from my 4footer.

The redspot and bristlenoses will get on fine - But yep they grow HUGE!!! and quite quickly too - they eat loads too :D

Plants in pots will be fine - if planted in gravel they will uproot them when they barge through things

yes. unless the plants are well rooted, some of your plants may start floating. you should have a nice thick layer of gravel.

they for some reason have a rep for destroying plants, but ive had many over the last few years, that i keep trading in for smaller ones, and ive never had a problem with them eating plants. :bounce: ... Thankfully. :lol:

Also, give them lots of driftwood to hide in and rasp off, and they will leave your plants alone.

I also find the redspot the best glass cleaner .. out of all my plecos, the redspot is the best - he's always out and about cleaning :D

lucky you lol, my good cleaning red spot was replaced by a lazy, good for nothing fellow who does nothing all day :cry:

another replacement is on the cards, lol

How big is your tank?

Remember one pleco equals ALOT of poo and the bigger the pleco the bigger the mess - having a barebottom tank will make cleaning alot easier too :hail:

If your tank is small then I would suggest just having one. I think you said you're getting baby ones, so you could get a couple and then upsize your tank later :wink:

my tank is a 2 foot long by 1 foot wide by 1 1/2 high. i currently have 7 betta females adn one kuhli loach. going to put in some corys and a few more kuhlis. could i have two red spot plecos in there? are all plecos compatiable as tank mates?

my LFS is getting in some baby red spot plecos, im going to get one and a bristle nose. will they be okay together?

WAIT!!! hold on.

7 betta females.

1 khuli, with more to come

and some more cories.

sorry i didnt read this bit before.

Do not get red spot plecos unless you have a bigger tank already. there will be way too much going on in there.

It'll just be a big headache for you.

I need to read things better, sorry I just noticed the size of your tank and also the fish you have in there.

With getting more cories and kuhlis you'll have too much going on the bottom level - I wouldn't suggest you getting a pleco the tank is just way to small - upgrade it first then get one :wink:

Without the extra cories and kuhlis you could possibly have a redspot to growout in there but again will need to upsize your tank afew months later - a redspot should be fine with the types of fish you have in there.