red spot pleco okay with a bristlenose?

fishbreeder

i asked the guy who owns my LFS and he said my two red spots wont out grow my tank for a year or two. i would like to give my kuhli some friends but want banded kuhlis, coz thats what it is, i dont like the black ones. my red spots are about 5cm long. just babies! so CUTE!! i wanted to get all 5!

i could have a whole tank full of plecos

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

there is HEAPS of room in my tank. i guess when my bettas grow they will be more visiable.

i asked the guy who owns my LFS and he said my two red spots wont out grow my tank for a year or two. i would like to give my kuhli some friends but want banded kuhlis, coz thats what it is, i dont like the black ones. my red spots are about 5cm long. just babies! so CUTE!! i wanted to get all 5!

i could have a whole tank full of plecos

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

there is HEAPS of room in my tank. i guess when my bettas grow they will be more visiable.

I didn't say anything about black kuhlis?? I assumed that you had the banded ones, which I assume are the most common ones available as I've never seen black kuhlis in my LFS.

Anyway it sounds like you've gone against peoples advice and done what you wanted to anyway.. why bother asking people for their advice and recommendations if you aren't going to follow it? :roll:

too late now any ways. the thing with advice is that it does not have to be taken. but at least now you know what you are in for.

Ps- I also think the "advice" you were given from your LFS was wrong. very wrong infact. :evil: to the fellow that told you that you have 2 years.

no i didnt know plecos fight, coz ive seen tanks with 20 plecos in there! my LFS has black kuhlis, i got the only banded one that was there in 6months.

all i wanted to know was would redspots be okay with bristle noses and bettas. thanks., when my redspots get too big, ill get another tank. i had a pleco when i was younger in same size tank and had it for a year and it got to about 14cms long.

see pet shop tanks will always have lots of red spots in them.

things that go on behind the scenes - WC's every day, controlled feeding, Gravel Vacs every 2 days, nets in and out of the tanks throughout the day disrupting the fish, lots of filtration.

we cant tell you what to do, and we all hope that you will as you have said, either get a bigger tank, or re home them when the time comes. Im just a little taken aback with what you were told about how they would not out grow your tank for 2 years.

I get mine about the same size, and they usually get to about 6 inches within 5-6 months at most. and in a 4 ft tank, that's when i pass them on -so they can grow well and have a nice sail fin like the real good ones should.

wish you the best of luck with your fishies :)

i saw a photo on the net that had a tank and three cumumbers or corgettes in there and there was about 20 odd plecos eating them. was pretty wicked pic. cant find the link tho! ill get a bigger tank when i have too or sell them on and get small ones again. they are happy on the wood they got.

I got one about 2 months ago and he was this size and now is about double that if not more than double. I think he is going the be a big boy but it is a good excuse for me to buy a 6 footer :P

fish012.th.jpg

I will get an updated picture to show a comparison of size over a short time