Tank Setup Log. Conversion from S.American To African

phoenix44

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I should get 4 or 7 more Mel. They look happy. even came to eat their hikari today :D . they are being watered well too. they seem a little scared though, but they camouflage with the rock so well its hard to see them sometimes.

12 or 15 of them is a good number, and if that get to be too many I can always remove some when they are older. Such a cute fish though :bounce: :hail:

Thats good to hear they are eating :D give them time to settle in and they'll be all over the tank.

You know where I am if you want more :wink:

please do a log of you catching some fish out of that tank when the time comes

i have never been able to get the rocks back in the original configuration :cry:

I'm the master fish catcher! :wink: maybe not in this tank though. As I recall when "Atomichotdog" came over - I had trouble catching angel fish from this tank ha ha (took the best of 20 -25 mins as i refused to remove the rocks). Maybe i will fill the tank with nets and play the waiting game like a skilled fisherman.

Thats good to hear they are eating :D give them time to settle in and they'll be all over the tank.

You know where I am if you want more :wink:

hows about I come over on the 19th or 20th to get some more? Last exam is on the 19th eve so will be a good present to myself to celebrate the end of treacherous exams.

about 200 (after taking rocks into account).

4ft long, 15" deep and 1.5ft high or so.

good filtration - 2x fluval 405's.

but yeah, as these grow up - especially with the dems I may have to thin out numbers as the aggression takes over. I want a seemingly "overstocked" tank though so it looks busy all the time.

if you ever pass through palmy feel free to come see the tank and the bird :lol:

The tank should be fine for stocking :) The dems will thin themselves out as they go, if any males start getting smashed so much they are lying on the their sides and floating at the top of the tank remove them nurse them back to health and rehome them for display tanks..

If you want any unrelated lionheads let me know I have a few here looks like around the same size as yours.

P44 i think you will find your tank is 202L before rocks and substrate ;D

HAHA

Dixon1990, did you use the external measurements for that 202L or did you take into account of the glass thickness and use the internal measurement, hehehehe. :D:D

Today was a fun fish day. I got some very yellow bristlenoses, which are pretty awesome!

DSC05159Small.jpgDSC05160Small.jpg

DSC05161Small.jpgDSC05162Small.jpg

..... ...................................................................................................................... Butterfly pleco munching his algae

DSC05170Small.jpgDSC05178Small.jpg

Today was a fun fish day. I got some very yellow bristlenoses, which are pretty awesome!

DSC05159Small.jpgDSC05160Small.jpg

DSC05161Small.jpgDSC05162Small.jpg

..... ...................................................................................................................... Butterfly pleco munching his algae

DSC05170Small.jpgDSC05178Small.jpg

Good to see my bristlenoses babies made it safely to your tank. Not much algae being a new setup, these little dudes can sure eat zucchinis and they have come from a very algae rich tank, with lots of bogwood and java fern. (if you do not have any bogwood in your tank these guys will fail to thrive and may even kark it. If they are only have access to high protein cichlid food, no bogwood or plant food they will also get a blocked gut. Don't say no one told you so.) Nice pictures. :-)