My Bearded Dragon closes his left eye alot - I'm just

I give him small pieces of carrot most days and occassionally brocolli with his greens and other veges but he has always been very hard to get veges and salad into him. So he doesnt get near as much into him as he should. Just a small bit now and again. Unfortunately he is a very fussy eater.

He closes it any time, no specific time or situation. Just slowly closes it, the other eye is still wide open, then a short time later will slowly open it. Then a few moments later will do it again. But no pattern to it. Its always the same eye though.

try grating the carrot or pompkin

it could be an early sign of vitamin A deficiency

don't panic

if he still won't eat his greens don't give him any pudding :D

or talk to your vet about soluble vitamin A for him

a slow wink is as good as a nod to a blind man :D

Okay thank you living art i will try harder with the carrot and also try the pumpkin. I have just lately been doing the tough love thing, veges or nothin, so he chooses nothing and i end up softening and hand feed him to make sure he gets something into his tummy. I havent tried him on pumpkin before so i will grate some of that and see if he eats it. Do you know is there a test or anything the vet can do that can check for vitamin A deficiency.

Hey Mystic, yeah they are so cute how they do funny things like that and you know its not a health issue. I love the way Calypso tilts his head and gives the canary the evils sometime. Its the cutest look ever. I would love to know whats going through his mind sometimes.

Hey Mystic, yeah they are so cute how they do funny things like that and you know its not a health issue. I love the way Calypso tilts his head and gives the canary the evils sometime. Its the cutest look ever. I would love to know whats going through his mind sometimes.

"suffering soccatash i think i see a tweety bird"

'i did i did see a tweety bird"

I love it when Calypso comes out for a run. He shoots along the carpet so fast and then suddenly stops and turns around to see where mummy is and sure enough mummy is right behind him. I can almost hear him saying RATS she's following me ..... And when he sleeps Awwww...... yes he is my absolute pride and joy too. Love him to pieces. :)