Animal Rescue

skaffen

Does anyone else watch Animal Rescue on TV One - it's on right now.

I have to change the channel as I find myself getting angry and despairing at people in general... :evil: :cry: :evil:

The sheep who had a rooster as a mate was a laugh though. :)

Yeah, people aye... :(

the meter reader came to our house yesterday (we have 3.5 acres with 5 sheep on it) to read the meter, quickly came & went as they do. my wife had a feeling that he wouldn't shut the gate so sent my son down to check (we can't see our front gate from the house) & sure enough he had driven off without shutting it. If we had not checked, the chances are the sheep would've gone missing or wandered down the road which could also be a messy situation for the stock. We also keep the gate shut in case our youngest daughter (almost 2 yr) does the "mum's not looking so i'm outa here!" trick which she has been known to do in the past.

The potential outcome from leaving our gate open could range from the loss of $750 worth of sheep or a small child being run over by a milk tanker. I'm sure it was an honest mistake but that's how headlines are made. :o

i'm still annoyed about something yesterday, i was out in the back yard, the dogs barked and ran round the front so i followed, to see two religous people in the yard, one of whom had just picked up my shovel and was swinging it at one of the dogs. I was astounded, snapped my fingers so the dogs fell in next to me and told the people to leave (they weren't keen to!), dogs growling to the whole time.

Their utter stupidity amazed me, my boys are large dogs but not at all aggresive, and bark with waggy tails anytime someone comes in the gate, which was very lucky for them. I think most dogs would attack someone who entered their property and attacked them, and a shovel wouldn't do anything to protect you against two big dogs. The dogs were scared and growling next to me, gave them a shock too. I just couldn't believe that people can be sent out door knocking without any idea of how to behave around dogs. Every school kid these days gets taught to stand still like a tree if rushed by a dog, and not to threaten it, and i would never walk into a property with dogs without calling out to make sure they had seen me.

They were just lucky that they're well controlled dogs, and i hope some other dog doesn't bite them and get put down for protecting itself. Still trying to get hold of the church to have words.

Vent over lol.

smidey - i got sick of my gate being left open, so i put a spring and latch on it, could you fit one to your gate perhaps? I gave up telling people to close mine because they never do, and even when they do i have to check for my own peace of mind

smidey - i got sick of my gate being left open, so i put a spring and latch on it, could you fit one to your gate perhaps? I gave up telling people to close mine because they never do, and even when they do i have to check for my own peace of mind

my gate is 3 metres long, goes accros my driveway & you have to lift it to stop it dragging on the ground so unfortunately not an option.

Smidey you should contact the meter reading company, thats pretty poor behavior for someone who earns their living going onto people property. Maybe start by telling them the sheep got out and a car collected one and you ant to know who to forward the bill onto...

:wink:

Smidey you should contact the meter reading company, thats pretty poor behavior for someone who earns their living going onto people property. Maybe start by telling them the sheep got out and a car collected one and you ant to know who to forward the bill onto...

:wink:

i immediately contacted my power supplier & told them what i thought of their meter readers actions, my reply was "I am terrible solly about your missing sheeps, i will pass this onto my manager & day will contact you with in five wurkin dayzs."

the above spelling is how i intended it :o

did anyone read the Dom post yesterday? they had 9 week old kittens who had their hind paws cut off by kids! those kids took the kittens to a vet clinic tellingt the receptionist that the paws fell off and left - result being two kittens with one amputated hind leg each. THAT'S SO SAD

twinkles- the kids wont be taught anything about how to behave around dogs soon, the govt is axing it as it is 'wasteful spending'. wonder many kids will need to get mauled for not knowing how to approach dogs before they decide it is something the young ones need to know. I thought perhaps NZ's prisoners could give up a little (roast dinners?) luxury so our tax dollars could continue to fund the above?

did anyone read the Dom post yesterday? they had 9 week old kittens who had their hind paws cut off by kids! those kids took the kittens to a vet clinic tellingt the receptionist that the paws fell off and left - result being two kittens with one amputated hind leg each. THAT'S SO SAD

Yesterday? That was over a week ago.

that sucks, i see so many kids who have no idea how to act around dogs, even the ones with their own dogs at home don't know how to approach a strange dog. And of course when a kid runs up and unintentionally threatens a dog and gets bitten its always the dog who suffers for it. Should be part of basic safety teaching at schools, we pay enough dog registration every year to fund it.

Really? But I picked up yesterday's paper with that on the 3rd page?

The article yesterday was post op removing the entire leg, the one a week ago was when they still had half a foot each (metatarsals choped half way up).

that sucks, i see so many kids who have no idea how to act around dogs, even the ones with their own dogs at home don't know how to approach a strange dog. And of course when a kid runs up and unintentionally threatens a dog and gets bitten its always the dog who suffers for it. Should be part of basic safety teaching at schools, we pay enough dog registration every year to fund it.

Definitely shouldn't punish the dogs for ignorant children, it's not as if there aren't more than enough kids to go around.

I should change my tagline to "Soylent kibble is toddlers!" :P

It was. Labour released a kit that was sent to every school - it had a animated cartoon dog showing kids how to behave with dogs. National just axed the program to save $ 1 million :evil: Seems like money well spent to me, if it prevents another kid getting her face ripped apart

yup i've seen the packs, and the dog control people teaching it at schools, didn't hear about it being axed though. When was it?

livingart- i can't be the only person who thinks those pleco spirulina tabs smell darn good, could eat them some days lol