Limnophila aromatica

A-town...

• 3 weeks later...

Ahhhh I love that plant. I used to grow it in my tank in aussy. It needs a good iron clay base media and CO2. I have halides over my tank which I think it really appreaciated as grew like wildfire. Is called aromatica cause crushing the stems or leaves produces quite a nice spicey smell. It would be fantastic if someone here in NZ had some to share/sell.

Heres a link to the tank: http://www.aquariumlife.com.au/showthread.php?t=5018&page=3&highlight=peeet

with some aromatica shots.

it has been in NZ and am hoping it still is does anyone have any of it or know where to get some? thanks

It is still in NZ. It is eaten as part of the vietnamese cuisine. i have seen them being sold in ice cream containers (no holes, with sand and water) emersed here in the markets in wellington. I have some but the frost got to it. I can look out for some next sunady market for you if you still want them.

Hi,

I went to market today and the woman said she wont be selling until spring. It is called "ngo om"in vietnamese.

Bugger, then we will just have to wait till spring.

Hmmm I wonder if theres any local vietnamese restuants that may be able to get hold of some. :-?