Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hello one and all...

Featured Replies

:bounce: I am bouncing on it to this fish keeping biz - started my first aquarium last week.

So, 'HELLO" and thank you in advance for any help you may offer.

  • Author

In answer to you question smidey - I have a 34 L tanks (just a small one to start with) in it i have 2 bristle nose and 1 betta. I would really like to add some guppies (2 or 3 males) but not sure how the betta will respond.

Welcome to the forum. :bounce: One tank you say. :lol: how long before the need for more tanks. :lol: like the rest of us. :roll: Enjoy your time here. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Your betta night destroy the guppies tails. I would suggest you get another one for the guppies :) Its just a matter of time till you get more tanks (its easier to just give in to MTS)

  • Author
welcome jazzyjeff you can come and pick up some guppy fry for free.

cheers Don 5712282

Wow - this is a very kind offer Don - thanks - unfortunately I went and brought 2 today from the petshop. My Betta seems OK with his housemates thus far but I am, like everyone is expecting, thinking I might just have to purchase another tank for the Betta. Was thinking bout a smaller version of what I have. I will keep your number for when I can increase my numbers - what colours do you think they will be?

Yep -re colours-your guess is as good as mine as they hold at least 3 lots of previous males :bounce: -have only just started to put them into separate tanks:

aqua 510 display tank= 1 looks white tail(large) but under light turns a light pink and dark body with 7 females and at this stage 8 fry plus 1 cat .2 bristles suckers (small)

1.small tank red tail and 3 females

2.small tank whiteish mottel and 3 females 1 bristle (small)

3. mixed comunity tank about 80 of all sorts mainly plus small bristle

need more breeding tanks :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

and i have just started about 2mths ago.

i would like to have a go at breeding betta's but the set up is different plus i would then need the garage and as there is no power in there at the present.

Hi & welcome!

I don't have any betta's but from what I read so far, as others have said, they may not go well with guppies.

Post pics sometime.

Take care & have fun,

Caper

  • Author
Yep -re colours-your guess is as good as mine as they hold at least 3 lots of previous males :bounce: -have only just started to put them into separate tanks:

aqua 510 display tank= 1 looks white tail(large) but under light turns a light pink and dark body with 7 females and at this stage 8 fry plus 1 cat .2 bristles suckers (small)

1.small tank red tail and 3 females

2.small tank whiteish mottel and 3 females 1 bristle (small)

3. mixed comunity tank about 80 of all sorts mainly plus small bristle

need more breeding tanks :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

and i have just started about 2mths ago.

i would like to have a go at breeding betta's but the set up is different plus i would then need the garage and as there is no power in there at the present.

Apologies Trumpetgear - I didn't realise there was a 2nd page so didn't see your reply. I now have a 2nd tank - I would be very interested in the white(pink) tail you mentioned and some females - can collect in weekend if you want - am happy to pay for them too. I'll give you a call later in the week :lol:

  • Author
Hi JJ

Just saw your thread!

Welcome... from another newbie, on here and to fishkeeping!

:D

Thanks BB - no doubt our paths will cross often :bounce: us newbies can learn together...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.