Got my water results today..

AquaVitamins

Its day 21 in the cycling period and my results are...

Ph : 7

Amoina: 0 ppm

Nitreates:0.25 ppm

Nitrate:10 ppm

Meaning? ... :o I know that the Ph is good and its good to have that reading for Amoina, but what about the other two, keeping in mind that its the 21st day of the cycle.

Edit: Tanks 60l, planted. - if thats any help :D

Thanks

Hi AquaVitamins. Those readings show that the first part of the cycle is over i.e. there is a colony of bacteria happily consuming the Ammonia and turning it into Nitrite. When the readings show 0.00 Nitrite the cycle is over. There will always be some Nitrate and weekly waterchanges will keep this under control.

Its day 21 in the cycling period and my results are...

Ph : 7

Amoina: 0 ppm

Nitreates:0.25 ppm

Nitrate:10 ppm

Meaning? ... :o

Meaning you can't spell.:P Ammonia is good, Nitrites are almost good, nitrate is good. So, you're basically all good. Just give it another week and you'll be all cycled.

Meaning you can't spell.:P Ammonia is good, Nitrites are almost good, nitrate is good. So, you're basically all good. Just give it another week and you'll be all cycled.

Well thanks, But spelling isnt my stong point :x Have you heard of dyslexia? Look it up. And then maybe you will think twice before posting personal comments.

It's not that I'm not housebroken, I'm just really full of...Poop.

:-? Well i may have overreacted a little, but i still stand for what i said. And yea i know that the majority of people on this forum are nice, i have been very impressed with the kindness which awaits me here, for that thanks :) . But as i have made it clear, i do not like comments regarding my lack of spelling ability.

I'm not a great speller either but I downloaded the google to bar for Internet explorer. It comes with a spell checker. I use it for most of my Internet postings and now I look as clever as Ira, ( apart from the big words and witty repartee)

Haha, yea maybe i should get that

I thought Wittee Repartee was a maori activist.

if that is true then manual labour is a mexican :wink:

have you bought a testkit so you can check your own water parameters aquavitamins

will save having to wait until you get to the shop for a result

have you bought a testkit so you can check your own water parameters aquavitamins

plus i understand that a lot of test kits give different results depending on temperature so you may find the results at the shop are not accurate.

No i dont have one, They cost like $80!! :-? Im a student, money is scarce to say the least.

No i dont have one, They cost like $80!! :-? Im a student, money is scarce to say the least.

Keep your eye on TM for cheap deals - you dont actually need to buy a full kit either. Having said that you can buy s test strip kit that you dip into the tank water (in a cup not in the tank) and it gives you readings for all you need and they are half the $80 you mentioned. If you are gonna spend money on fish you need to spend money on making sure you can keep them alive first - thats your responsibility to the fish and to your wallet.