Making a tank lid

Aquatopia

I hope so - I have a BLACK stand though, so will look odd to start but I intend to sell it and build a new Pine stand too using solid 1" Pine. I can get 2050mm x 830mm for $48.00 (Is that a good price) ?

where did you get black sand?

sorry for going off topic again. :hail::hail::hail::hail: :bounce: :bounce:

LOL, i was talking about the STAND being black - though its more of a cabinet than stand I guess. Having said that, if you meant sand, I do have black sand for it - i got it from a local landscapers and its crushed limestone.

• 1 month later...

If someone in Chch wants some timber cut, I could do it for you.

I have a small wood workshop at home with many tools for such a job. 8)

When I made my octagonal tank stand, I used MDF timber. I know full well the effects of water ingress here and had several spillages on/in it with no water ingress.

I used water based Aqua Enamel paint applied thus. Sealing coat consisting of two coats of primer under coat, and three coats of top coat in black. This was then sealed off with two coats of Cabots Clear Floor Aqua Urethane.

th_Picture030.jpg

LOL, i was talking about the STAND being black - though its more of a cabinet than stand I guess. Having said that, if you meant sand, I do have black sand for it - i got it from a local landscapers and its crushed limestone.

• 2 weeks later...