Fish show........I bet you are all havin fun

polgara

I'm back! I spent a whole $5. Missed out on the WCMMs wifey wanted because we couldn't hear what was the lot was and the yellow ancistrus I wanted were sold before the auction. But at least the plants I threw in bags as an afterthought hoping to get a couple bucks sold for $18, $16, $6 and $5, I think. And I got rid of 30 gouramis. But they didn't go for as much as I was hoping.

I just got back. The event was quite good. I bought a 3 foot tank and 6 F. scheeli killies. Meeting new people was great and definitely worthwhile. I believe that to get the most out of it you really need to have something entered though.

Hopefully the shows will continue and encourage the improvement of the quality and variety of fish in New Zealand.

The fish show was fantastic... I had a really good time. Was made welcome by lots of people stopping to chat and give me great advise on my new discus fry. :D

Being a newbe it meant a lot...

Enjoyed tea...the auction....exhibition... and friendly club members.

Thanks so much to everyone... you all did a great job.

Looking forward to the next one, now I know what it is all about.... :wink:

just got back and im buggered but it was a great weekend !!!

they are talking about doing it again next year and if they dont i think it might be up this end of the north island!!

lots of photos have been taken (every fish in the show)

i took a video but dont no how it will come out, also took it with me when i did behind the scenes of the national aquarium :D thats a must REALLY COOL

the fish that one best in show was a MIDAS CICHLID

he was lovely and all of us judges couldnt fault him!!

i was pleased to be head judge and had a great team of judges, they worked really hard and we all got very stressed but at the end of the day we all had fun,

Hi!

just back from the fish show it was really great; awesome effort by everyone who organised it. great location as it was located next to the sea horse farm and paua farm(for those of us who were lucky to get a guided tour!!) it goes to show that it can be done and hopefully next year even bigger and better especially if more people(clubs and retailers) get involved in it. The fish were good but not much of a variety ie no discus, majority of cichlids and only 4 cats.

All in all really awesome turn out by the public and the organisers did really well.

Napier has heaps to offer, great town especially the national aquarium(kicks kelly tarltons!!) and of course the night life!!!(still suffering from hangover!) :D

alan in the top fish your Jordanell floridae, alan's (cant remember his last name) ram and a gourami oh and the midas all got top marks it was a hard call on a few of them but at the end of the day we all had fun and alan if you had won best in show your head would have been to big to walk out the door :lol: as you won so much ,

when we judged we didnt know whos fish they are all the tanks are done by number , i still dont no who owns over half the fish in the show :lol:

Congratulations to the organizers and judges. Was my first show and I enjoyed it very much. Shame I only had 15 minutes spare and couldn’t have spent more time and see the seahorse farm or put some faces to some of the names. By all accounts a great success.

I went, and had an awesome time. Only just got back to Welly now. It was great to meet new people, and I got some good bargains at the auction (2 tanks for $13, and 6 gouramis for $12). On the way back we stopped at Wet Pets in Palmerston Nth and Rhys (Severus) managed to find some bumblebee gobies that he's been looking for for ages (we've never seen them in Wellington).

Definitely be keen to go again next year (*fingers crossed*)