Izzy Blue Tongue photos

Vee

Ok, now you are just being silly...

Back on topic, nice pics Vee.

Tell me, how do these things not do themselves a mischief with a tongue that seems to just fold up like paper in their mouths?

Hey guys, you've hijacked my photos thread. :roll:

But I will try and get us back on track.

Here is Izzy sitting on a snugglesafe pet heat pad.

The warmth from her heat lamp hanging above the pad keeps it at a nice warm but safe temp. {In my humble opinion}

CeAyvwAd7D_vFPE1Ymvlu1gk-Dgt-eIi.jpg

Hi Vee,

She looks great - can I make a suggestion about the snugglesafe - maybe consider putting some sort of cover over it ? Cos its plastic, direct heat when first out of the microwave could potentially cause a slow burn. Alternatively you might find that selling it on Trade-Me (or even on here) will get you close to the cost of a proper reptile heat rock (which I believe are thermo-regulated to a safe maximum, but if anyone else knows otherwise, please correct me).

Aqua, the snugglesafe pad hasn't come out of the microwave. If it had I would put a cover on. It is warmed only by the heat of the lamp hanging above it and that makes a very gentle heat. I am keeping a very watchful eye on it!

Nice bt youve got there Vee :hail:

Love the pics of its tongue :D

Tell me, how do these things not do themselves a mischief with a tongue that seems to just fold up like paper in their mouths?

pass its prett cool huh not sure where it all goes though :o

they remind me of snakes how they stick there tongue in and out

Aqua, the snugglesafe pad hasn't come out of the microwave. If it had I would put a cover on. It is warmed only by the heat of the lamp hanging above it and that makes a very gentle heat. I am keeping a very watchful eye on it!

phew, thought u meant u were using it as a heat pad (cos thats what it is, lol) And now I know you have other pets too, Im sure they would not be impressed if you sold it to buy Izzy a heat rock, lol.

what reps are you keeping at the moment Aquatopia?

I have beardies,waterd`s,various turtles and tortoises.

None at the moment Repto - but have previously kept Yemen Chameleon, Beardies, Leopard Geckos, rainbow boas and western hognoses :-) Sadly the selection and availability (and price) is somewhat different in NZ.

• 2 weeks later...