new bearded tank

caryl. thank you.

lmsimth. yes there is only one in there. the substrate is raglan black sand.

bulldog .yes greg made the tank.he makes reaily nice tanks.

i made the stand.

living art theres is a hollow log in there. but he likes his tree log as he say there all the time.

in the after noon hes all over the tank.

lmsimth. yes there is only one in there. the substrate is raglan black sand.

now theres a bloody good idea - shame theres no black sand beaches down in canterbury (are there ?).

tank looks great - my suggestion - maybe some different levels or landscape some hills into it ?

The crickets will be active at night, the fear is that the crickets will bite or try and nibble on the dragon while it is slow or sleeping.

Also, they make a bloody annoying noise. I had one stuck up in a corner of my cage, I tried everything to kill the damn thing. Finally managed to grab it with tweezers after a week and fed it to puff.

I now make sure i know how many i put in, and check on how many are left after a few hours. If she hasn't caught them I put them in front of her. I will never leave crickets in overnight again.

I drop a cricket or 2 in if they dont eat i take them back out, if they eat them i put more in.

i find if bd hungry it will go straight after them if it doesnt then theres a good chance it will be tomorrow :lol:

the crickets can nibble toes, tails ,eyes etc adding some vege/salad (bd salads perfect) for cricket to get moisture from helps stop this but i still think best to only feed what the dragon will eat in one sitting.

Anthony - nice setup i like the sand :hail:

• 1 year later...

best you just stick to one whatever the sex.All sorts of problems having 2 unless you have 2 tanks where you can keep each one?My male would probably kill my female if I left them together,maybe not outright but some serious stress and persecution would happen.just think twice as much food to find another basking possie.........