What to do In Auckland for a day..with no car!

DonnaM

On Monday March 23rd, a friend and I will fly into Auckland at 7am and will leave at 8.45pm. We intend to walk to Butterfly creek for a lengthy visit, but is there anything else we could do thats close to the airport? Walking or bus distance? I'm hoping Butterfly creek is only 'one minute' from Auckland airport as advertised....It opens at 9am, so we have a couple of hours to fill in before hand. Anywhere nice to have breakfast....and later in day to have tea around there?

Any ideas would be HUGELY appreciated. :D:D

This is very helpful, thank-you! :D Is the minigolf near enough to see? Or do I need to know what its called/ Street its on etc?

Great to hear about the various bus services, very helpful!

Any more ideas very welcome :D

Also approximately how long would it take to get into Skycity on the bus?

This is very helpful, thank-you! :D Is the minigolf near enough to see? Or do I need to know what its called/ Street its on etc?

Its right nextdoor to Butterfly Creek. Can't miss it. Just look for the waterfall and pirate ship. Could always do the Rainbows End thing in Manukau if you haven't tried it yet. lol

Purely depends on what you are into really. If you want, I'm sure there is a bus that will take you past the Botanical Gardens in Manurewa, from Manukau City as well.

I don't think you can see it and one minute is a bit of an exaggeration but it is within walking distance. Ask for directions at the airport.

Theres plenty of buses/ shuttles that will take you into the city centre, cost around $40 I think for a shuttle, a bit more for a taxi.

On Monday March 23rd, a friend and I will fly into Auckland at 7am and will leave at 8.45pm. We intend to walk to Butterfly creek for a lengthy visit, but is there anything else we could do thats close to the airport? Walking or bus distance? I'm hoping Butterfly creek is only 'one minute' from Auckland airport as advertised....It opens at 9am, so we have a couple of hours to fill in before hand. Anywhere nice to have breakfast....and later in day to have tea around there?

Any ideas would be HUGELY appreciated. :D:D

1 minute to Butterfly Creek? By car maybe but not by walking, takes at least 3 minutes to walk arcoss the carpark...