reef

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Thanks dudes.

The scroll does not fight with it as they dont touch, i am going to have to move the scroll as it is getting to big and the monti is not that well coloured as it does not get enough light .

edit. i thought you meant the other red scroll. the yellow scroll does not seem to be bothered by the red scroll.

All in all the tank looks ok, i give it 7/10. it has room for improvement as the cal/kh levels are not maintain that well so growth is not that great. when i do get my levels up the growth is pretty good.

Over the past few weeks i noticed my bellus angel was losing its colour. did not think much of it untill someone pointed out that she could be changing into a male,

Sure enough after a good look i could see gold colour, should complete the change within the next few weeks.

female bellus

bellus.jpg

male Bellus

bellus-male.jpg

Thanks cookie.

In terms of the photos i was referring to my pics. they come out more clearer on other web sites. maybe something to do with band wide.

They should be clearer on sites that host their own pics because available band width and its evil twin compression aren't an issue. Still comes across as a great tank.

• 2 months later...
More updated pics;

Tank is making a great recover from the bleaching episode a few weeks ago.

Water is looking crystal clean.

Coral growth is ok, but could be better.

Po4 is still at about .046ppm and nitrate about 3-4ppm.

Added 2 purple tangs and 3 yellow tangs. Still waiting to add a majestic angel, He has been living in the sump for 4 months, just making sure he does not eat corals. So far so good.

P1010298.jpg

Yup this is from a while back. I am assuming this is an acan. Were they imported into new zealand at some point? Would it be possible that the importer has records to show that they were bought in? I am asking this as I see they are not on the list