SUNSUN HW-303 External Filter

LYNDYLOO

Has anybody used one of these external filters before??

I'm thinking of buying one for my new Discus Tank Aquaone 980 about 220 Ltrs.

To be honest, I dont know much about External Filters, I have always run an Under Gravel Filter or the Internal Pump Filter.

Here's abit of info on the SUNSUN HW-303

1400 litres per hour

35 watts

3 Stage Multi Layer Filtration

Built in 9 watt UV Sterilizer

Complete with Filter media

2m max head height

Separate on / off switch for UV

Quality Fittings ( Taps, hoses & spray bar inc )

Quick Release taps

Quiet and Extremely reliable

1 year Warranty

Suitable for up to 500 litres

I have been offered one of these for around $150, not sure if this is a good price or not?? Cant seem to find much on the net about them.

Any help would be very much appreciated

Lynda

for a bit more than 150, im sure you can find a fluval or an eheim. ill have a look out for good deals for you.

ive heard of sun sun tanks, but not the filters.

personally i like eheims, but everytime ive gone out to get an external filter, ive come home with fluvals.

ps- feel free to come over to see what a great job a 405 can do.

It sounds like a good price for a 1400LPH external with UV... Although the UV isn't needed at all it could be handy to have if you have a white spot outbreak or algae problems.

Filters and fishgear is alot like everything in life there will be label bashers who believe that anything that is not eheim or fluval is rubbish. I own a few filters and can say nothing bad about the cheaper brands, I can recommend the aqua one range, or the jebos (although the taps are rubbish and break on these but replacements are cheap). Fluvals and eheims are great filters and will probably outlast any of the cheaper ones but the purchase price is usually twice as high, and replacement part prices are also higher, if I was doing your sized tank I would buy a jebo 819 or an aqua one CF1200. The one you have listed might be fine but I haven't ever used one so can't comment.

Have you tried a google search for reviews or any comments on them internationally it can sometimes be a good help. If I could find a reasonable review on it then I wouldn't hesitate to buy it at that price.

Also did you know that you posted this in the general breeding section?

Thanks for your help guys, it's very much appreciated :hail::hail:

May goodness me Ryan, I must have been having a Blonde moment, I'm sure I posted it in the Freshwater Section, hope the mods will kindly move it for me :-? :-?

Have done a google search on the filter, didnt come up with much at all.

Found a few reviews not on that model but on others in the range..

http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/f ... hp?t=35010

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forum ... hp?t=91984

Only one bad comment but you can expect that anywhere with all the label bashers around :) I would make sure you can get parts for it though..

This is the filter that I am suggesting..

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Home-living/Pe ... 332529.htm

No supplier I know of has parts for these. but i sure do hope the fellow selling it on TM has parts, or waits on parts from where ever he sources the filters from. 1 year warranty too. so your call obviously.

aquaone filters are alright. havent heard too many complaints about them. you get what you pay for at the end of the day.

Then again i do blatantly favour the brands i know and trust.

• 7 months later...