Easy cooking recipes pls

Dave+Amy

Dice 2 chicken breasts

Brown in wok ( the impliment not the person)

stir in as much green thai curry paste as you wish (I use about half a jar per dish).

add pumpkin soup (two tins of pre made and a tin of water or as much home made as you like) simmer for 15 minutes or untill chook is cooked.

Stir in mushrooms and/or green beans ( i like the beans) with stalks removed (fresh or frozen) simmer 2-3 mins then add a can of coconut cream. Stir in and plate up with a sprinkle of fresh corriander to garnish.

Serve in deep bowls with crusty bread to sop up soup. Serves about 4 big eaters if you use 2 tins and 2 breast of chook. Can reduce to prefered consistancy

good winter food and keeps for a couple of days

Navarre

It is SO much cheaper avoiding meat! I haven't cooked meat at home (apart from tinned fish) for several months now, mainly because of needing to live cheaper. Just add heaps of spices and you really wouldn't notice!

CHicken is around $17-22kg (I think)

And vegies are more like $1.5-3kg

Better for you AND the enviroinment ;)

Not that I am turning vegie, I do eat meat just choosing not to most of the time now.

wok

How dare you swear like that!!

As a BAKER I find that insulting!!

Baking is Baking!!

Consider yourself told off :lol:

Does Zev know that you are using her pointy stick?

If she doesn't then you are going to be in big trouble...!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

heres a easy one.place some schnitzel (uncrumbed) onto a baking tray put some thinly sliced onions,mushrooms,bacon,tomatoe fresh,then cheese and finally some bread crumbs to stop the cheese sliding off.bake in a hot oven 180 c for about 15-20 mins.serve with salad and baked spud.yopu can change any of the toppings ie asparagus,olives etc its basically a pizza with the schnitzel as the base.

Get a crockpot (slow cooker). These are great, particularly in winter, for slow cooking cheaper, tougher, cuts of meat. By the time they have been in the cooker they are melt in your mouth soft and easy to eat. Slow cookers are also good for making soups. Soups are easy to do and very good for you. Also filling.

heres a easy one.place some schnitzel (uncrumbed) onto a baking tray put some thinly sliced onions,mushrooms,bacon,tomatoe fresh,then cheese and finally some bread crumbs to stop the cheese sliding off.bake in a hot oven 180 c for about 15-20 mins.serve with salad and baked spud.yopu can change any of the toppings ie asparagus,olives etc its basically a pizza with the schnitzel as the base.

OMG :hail::hail: that sOunds awesOme!

Get a crockpot (slow cooker). These are great, particularly in winter, for slow cooking cheaper, tougher, cuts of meat. By the time they have been in the cooker they are melt in your mouth soft and easy to eat. Slow cookers are also good for making soups. Soups are easy to do and very good for you. Also filling.

I think I have one of these - big and thick pots with a vaccum seal??

How long on average would you have to leave the meat on for to become tender?

No, I think you are referring to a pressure cooker.

Crockpots used to me made of ceramic. They are now a ceramic bowl inside a stainless steel exterior. These just have an ordinary lid. Meat is cooked on slow for 6 - 8 hours or on high for about 4 depending on amount of meat, and thickness.

Ewwwww... Pressure cooker...

Horrid memories of vegies cooked in the three compartment thingy until they are all grey - no matter what the veggie!

Our crock pot has a light brown exterior.

wow 6hrs?? I'm a bit wary about leaving elements on while I'm out :o not my house to burn down.

Will a pressure cooker be faster in making soup?

Zev - you think that's bad? When Dave was in primary school his Nana used to blend up boiled veges and made him drink it

Yetch.....

The Crock pot is a self contained unit, the element is in the bottom and thermostatically controlled in an insulated shell, it doesn't get that hot as the crock bit is ceramic.

Google soup recipes - easy, nutritious and delicious, especially with fresh crusty bread. Eat it for dinner then take the rest to warm up for lunch at work :)

As Caryl said, crockpots are great for long slow cooking and are safe to leave on.

Alison Holst's Microwave Curried Kumara Soup is the best soup in EXISTENCE!

Fast (20mins)

THick and creamy

Really tasty

And the warmth of the soup is complemented by the warmth of the curry - awesome!

It is the kind of soup you eat off bread, not a spoon :)