Breeding Angels

danilada

Re; Breeding Angels

I have had two successful breeding pairs in the past, but I am stumped on my new pair! :-?

My question to you is will two females try to breed?

-reason being,

I have "white" eggs every-were and no "clear" ones, could this mean unfertile ie two females?

or if thats impossible, could it just mean other "mates" in the tank have eaten them or have they fungased?

Also what appears to be the female is "pure black" and what appears to be "male'' is nearlly all black but speckled, will I have healthy young?

Please dont say why don't you try figure out their gender, cause I have sat down endlessly trying to work it out and I am no good.

Thanks for helping in advance

Just like discus oscars and some other cichlids 2 females will pair up and breed.. Both will usually guard the fuzzballs that result..

It is very easy to figure out just watch them lay if you can, females bits are big and broad and stick out, males bits are more like little pimples, also if they're both laying eggs its a bad sign. You can usually tell some difference in their bits in the days leading upto spawning too.

Male and female angels also have a different body shape( from the throat to the anal fin) it is clear to see if you have a male and female.

Shame you don't have side on pic's

Can you please explain the difference in the body shape.?

YAY :bounce: Stu, happy to hear, now I have to try get them in the mood, but not the hungry mood don't want them eating there eggs.

This is a lovely pair, so keep an ear open I may have some young ones (hopefully pure black) available soon.

Phoenix, I don't have a macro lens, just a cheap $299 Nikon little hand thing, i'm suprised if it has more than 4pixels :wink: