bloodworms!!! if you use them you must read this!!!

kim

bloodworms are no longer going to be sold in nz if maf have their way!!! they have stopped them from being brought into nz already!! so buy up on bloodworms if your fish live off them, because the wholesales are out and so are most of the big shops.

this isnt a joke its for real!!

its all imported and kongs has sold ou as well as most of the wholesalers , i phoned to get some today and got told that i cant get any . pijac is looking into it so fingers crossed they can do it or i think us shops will have to get every customer to sign a petition!!!

i mean whats next they will stop the importing of fish!!! and it has been talked about , someone has a witch hunt going for people that like animals.

Gee, am I please that I picked up 10 packs on the weekend - time for rationing until I know what's happening - guess that means that only the tank with the elephant noses will be getting any.

I had a look through the import standard for fish food and can see why MAF may have a problem. The way the standard is written a product made of insect larvae doesn't fall into one of the convenient groupings.

I have no idea why it's only become a problem now. They contain non-viable organisms - if it was a product based on marine fish just being frozen at -18 C for 18 hours prior to import would mean it could be bought in without a certificate. And to cap it all off we have live blood worms in NZ anyway.

You'll have to keep us informed Kim - hopefully it's something the importers can sort out but the Federation could always lend it's weight as well.

i will let you no everything i find out!! yes the fed might beable to help.

but i think if we start petition's up then that could help, i think i might make some phone calls today and see what Davey kong (owner of kongs) thinks about the idear.

Wonder if MAF will be willing to pay out compensation here????

If they stop bloodworms from being imported, Ive got a few "VERY" fussy eaters here that will simply DIE! :evil: (they wont even look at other foods)...I didnt pay out good money to have some stupid Importing law take away my pets!

What grounds are they looking at?.....Bloodworms are dead (well unless the have mastered cryogenics!!! "Spelling ???") what direct threat to they impose on our waterways, environment?

ChrisMack

ok this is how it stands today!!

i talked to kongs and they have had meeting after meeting about this and have given them a week to let them know what they are going to do, the rule was just re writen and kongs have a shipment that maf are holding at $100 a day.

what has been said is that new zealand is now the only country in the world not allowed them, kongs have there big wigs from aussie over here fighting for us all!! if we dont get what we want in a week a petition will be put in every shop!! and yes i think if the fed could get behind it that would help!!

but wait and see what the week brings.....