Happy Birthday Caryl!

Zev

Kids left home years ago and I hate breakfast in bed so no, didn't get that. I didn't actually eat breakfast since I knew I was getting a treat at the Kekerengu Store (anyone who has been there will know the food there!) and I knew I was going out for lunch and dinner. Not fair that I have to weigh in at Weight Watchers today!!! :roll:

I had a really lovely birthday, the best ever, and I don't think it has ended as I think something is going on this weekend but it is a surprise :wink:

Well last night was my surprise birthday party! It was the best birthday ever so I thank my daughter, Kelly, very much for all the hard work she put into it.

The hardest part I think was blowing up 50 balloons :lol: Every time one burst I claimed a year back so I am now only 45 :lol:

Guests were told presents were unnecessary but if they did wish to bring one, to make it on the theme "Caryl's Golden Years Survival Tolols". As a result, I got some very funny gifts including;

a pair of slippers made out of sanitary pads (very ingenious!)

a pack of Tena Lady incontinence pads

a spade (as the giver said I was a friend who called a spade a spade so deserved a real spade of my own)

a walking stick

a bottle of revitalising V

Werthers Originals

a travel hairbrush (from a friend who couldn't believe I often left the house without remembering to brush my hair)

a fish in a plastic bag (apparently it is actually soap)

eyelift cream

a flashing birthday button

a "Too pooped to party" birthday candle

Nivea anti-wrinkle cream

Chapstick

walking socks

Barley sugars

little racing motorbike

I think the finniest was the "Lonely Planet Guide to World Travel for Over Fifties" my friend Dorothy made. On the front it said Once you are fifty, the world is your oyster... Shuck it! :lol:

On the back cover it had the following blurb;

23 ways to say Eh? What did you say? in 14 different languages

Slow dancing (and we mean slow) in Rio

Zimmer frame walks through the Andes

Resort hotels with pre-chewed food

LARGE PRINT maps available

Nan naps on request

You think you're old - wait til you see the tour guides!

The birthday cake was lit with many sparklers - and set off the fire alarms!!! 8)

More pictures added here